New PC (Wont Boot)

DarKSouL_BC

Veteran X
So I just recently built a new Computer..

After putting everything together it won't boot at all, no beeps, no anything whatsoever.

The only thing that turns on is the blue LED on the front of the case.

I tried removing everything from the case and placing just the motherboard on a piece of cardboard and just having the cpu/ram on the motherboard installed and psu plugged in, but still nothing at all.

specs:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L ATX LGA775 P35 1333FSB 1PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 3PCI SATA2 Sound GBLAN Motherboard

EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800GT 600MHZ 512MB 1.8GHZ DDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDTV Out Video Card *IR-$60*

Coolermaster CM 690 Mid Tower Black ATX Case 5X5.25 5X3.5INT No PS Front USB Sound Firewire & eSATA

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA2 8.5MS 7200RPM 16MB Cache Hard Drive 5YR MFR Warranty

LG Black 52X24X52 CDRW& 16X DVD Combo INT EIDE Atapi OEM Burner

Samsung SH-S203B Black SATA DVD+RW 20X8X16 DVD-RW 20X6X16 DL 18X/12X INT DVD Writer OEM W/ Vista SW

OCZ Platinum XTC REV.2 PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-15 240PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit

OCZ Stealthxstream 600W ATX12V 20/24PIN Active PFC ATX Power Supply 120MM Fan Black

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Dual Core Processor LGA775 3.0GHZ Wolfdale 1333FSB 6MB Retail *Limited Qty*

Would my best solution be just to bring the computer somewhere and have someone look at it? I don't really know what else to do.. I have built a computer before and never have I had a problem like this.

Good post, thanks for the specs, that is appreciated...

You have good hardware, we just hope none of it is defective; time to find out!!

I would say you have to have re-seat and check all hardware/connections and cables and make sure they are correct... Also make sure your 'boot/start' button connections for your tower are right too...
Basically, I would rebuild slowly and meticulously all your hardware and connections... Seems like you know enough to trouble-shoot this so unless you want to spend the money to have someone else fix it, then spend the time with us and hopefully we can help barring a 'fubared" mobo or other hardware issues.....

Last edited:
Are you sure that CPU is getting enough power? It can be one reason (Doesn't cause beeps or reboots, just power led and nothing else). Check that 4pin molex.. :p (Unless that board has the newer one, 8pin in that case)

Start simple first.

Troubleshoot your PSU by plugging a fan into it and turning it on (some PSUs require you to have them plugged into the mobo as well). Go from there Hookup the mobo , no ram/cpu is necessary to trouble shoot the mobo.

Keep adding in devices until you find the dirty culprit.. Unless you have a jumper missing (which you should look for early on)

It sounds bad but, a lot of the time its something you totally overlook like a power rail.

*EDIT* Forgot to mention, if the PSUs main fan isn't spinning up, which I'm guessing its not from the way you are talking. You have a dead PSU. You could try using another PSU if available.

Last edited:
I ended up just RMA'ing the entire thing.

First I sent in just my motherboard/cpu and they sent it back saying that it was fine. They sent it back and I put it in the case and it still would not boot.

I ended up just sending the entire thing to them and they sent me a message saying that everything was in working order, except they didn't test it in MY CASE.

I asked for a refund since I didn't wanna deal with the bullshit anymore and am instead just going to buy a laptop.. lol.

I have a gigabyte motherboard and it wouldn't post. After carefully inspecting it, the + and - on the reset switch is reversed. They don't make that obvious in the manual.

Back