30" Monitor?!

I am currently selling my 30 inch dell monitor.

I think I posted 800 in the thread. Let me know if you're interested.

I got an iMac and MBA, plus I use my 42 inch for watching my hd content.

I have the 30" Dell 3007WFP. Some observations:

A) Mine has some ghosting issues when you set the background to something vaguely grayish.
B) I've replaced it, and the replacement also has the same ghosting issues. I assume this is a design flaw. Dell refused to acknowledge having any fucking idea what I'm talking about. I've tried other video cards, other OSes, etc. Other /power sources/, other people's computers. Still there. Must be a design flaw.
C) don't leave it on for 16 hours straight on a white-background web-page with some really colorful images, if you don't want ghosting. If you do, shut it down for a few minutes, and the ghosting will fade.
D) you can see the screen refresh tearing with this monitor, sometimes, though that may be a video card issue, and I have observed this same behavior on other LCD monitors.
E) lack of inputs.
F) A decent buy at 800$, despite all that. If a game has a definite "mood" to it, the 30" screen really brings it across. I remember playing Doom 3 on this thing, seeing a monster reach an arm across the screen, and seriously thinking someone had just taken a swing at my head - I actually fell out of my chair.

edit: ghosting is the wrong word. temporary 'burn-in', might be better.

Last edited:
Just found this photo:
p3760276535ap2.jpg

Back