What's your preferred method to fillet a fish?

Channel 0

Veteran XV
I gut a fish tonight by cutting a slit starting at the anus, up to it's head, then made two vertical cuts behind the gills. After that I ripped the guts out, cleaned the poop trail, then I filleted the fish by making cuts on it's back and removing the meat from the spine....

It turned out alright, but there were quite a few bones left in the fillets. What's the trick to getting clean, boneless fillets?

After you gut it, you just need to slice along the side - along the bone. Perhaps you need a sharper knife.

butt to head and cut bottom jaw in half . in through gills and chop head completely off. then its the same guts and poop trail.

My filleting skills suck ass tho ..or i never carry a good filleting knife with me so its tough. Because of this i usually just pull spine out and leave little bones then jsut pick em out as i eat.

I really need to learn a good filleting technique tho cause im going to Yosemite in a couple weeks and will be fishing and it would be nice to be able to fillet a fish without wasting a lot of meat

Tips for me ?

i take a fillet of fish and cram it up ronald mcdonalds ass while kids are watching and then i throw gas on ron and light him up. then when hes down on the ground and the kids are all crying and screaming and running around and shit i cut his ass up and eat his cooked ass with the fillet of fish still inside of it.

thats the only way to fillet a fish.

Back