Bender's Big Score

Gwaihir

Veteran XX
Searched and didn't see anything on this, but Bender's Big Score premiered today on Comedy Central.

4 episodes back to back that made a movie. Overall thought it was pretty good, and great to see Futurama back on the air. They were not so subtle on ripping FOX for cancelling them in the first place and really played up the Leela/Fry love plotline.

Can't wait for more new episodes.

Yeah - I thought it was decent, did they say when new episodes are coming?

There aren't any new episodes. There will be a couple more movies, and after they're released they'll split them up and show them on TV like Bender's Big Score.

When did they ever say they were going to bring it back as a true show? I think having 4 feature length films is a pretty good deal for a show that's been dead for years now.

Well yeah, but it's not nearly as satisfying. They even labeled these past episodes as 6x01, 6x02, 6x03, 6x04. Which gives the impression of actually bringing the show back, though i guess with the whole movie thing the yare technically doing that.

Yeah I'm not really seeing your argument. Everyone who liked the show is lucky to see anything about it again. Five years after it died, even just one movie would have been impressive. But they're doing four, basically 16 episodes worth of content.

It's not BAD - but it's just disappointing because it makes it kind of obvious it won't truly be brought back to be a regular show.

I thought it was actually pretty clever how it all played out in the end. Don't want to post any spoilers but it is definitely worth the purchase or download. It had all the best things you loved about Futurama in it plus...

Spoiler

It's almost something you could convince the girlfriend to watch under the pretenses that it's a romantic comedy.

I picked up Bender's Big Score a while ago when it came out on dvd. I really liked it, plus, it does piece together a lot of the random tidbits from the previous futurama seasons.

There is going to be another movie released in June (I think), which will again be divided into episodes for tv, and then another movie with the same pattern, all of the movies will form a new season.

After the movies I am hoping for a regular season to be produced. Futurama is a great show and I'm really happy they are producing new episodes for it.

the best part of the DVD is the full length episode of "everybody loves hypnotoad." it's basically the hypnotoad with a laugh track every few minutes, and then some fake commercials, including "Torgo's Executive Powder! Apply Directly to the Buttocks."

there's also a mini lecture by a mathematician about all the different math-related jokes in the show. it's actually pretty cool to see.

it's what made me actually like futurama, i show i used to hate for no reason

I went back and started watching every episode, starting with season 1 - makes the movie make way more sense.

the best part of the DVD is the full length episode of "everybody loves hypnotoad." it's basically the hypnotoad with a laugh track every few minutes, and then some fake commercials, including "Torgo's Executive Powder! Apply Directly to the Buttocks."

there's also a mini lecture by a mathematician about all the different math-related jokes in the show. it's actually pretty cool to see.

The hypnotoad had me rolling.

I thought it was actually pretty clever how it all played out in the end. Don't want to post any spoilers but it is definitely worth the purchase or download. It had all the best things you loved about Futurama in it plus...

Spoiler

It's almost something you could convince the girlfriend to watch under the pretenses that it's a romantic comedy.

Spoiler

I saw it last night and while it was Ok, it wasn't as funny as it used to be. Too many references to the old episodes and not nearly enough Zap Brannigan. There were also some continuity issues. What was the most annoying
Spoiler

I saw it last night and while it was Ok, it wasn't as funny as it used to be. Too many references to the old episodes and not nearly enough Zap Brannigan. There were also some continuity issues. What was the most annoying
Spoiler

It didn't effect Jurassic Bark...

Back