Alcohol Monitoring Anklets

Skipperlipicus

Veteran XX
A friend of mine has to wear one of these for getting in too many fights while drunk... He has to wear it for a month, and he isn't allowed to drink during that month, and I think his entire situation is hilarious...
That being said I've been brainstorming ways he could drink while still appearing to be sober, so... Originally I thought he could booze in a pool, or in the bath, etc. etc... then I thought he could get drunk and just keep his foot in a bucket of water... but those aren't very practical solutions. Tell me TW, what if he got like a rubber wellington boot, maybe 5 sizes too big, filled it with water, and put in some sort of battery powered fish tank filter to keep it from getting super rank... Would said booze-boot work?

I would do the booze boot but in a different way. Soak a sock with Everclear, and make sure he doesn't drink. Walk into the monitoring place and have him ask them how he's doing.

bag, like a trashbag, fill with water, tie it off around his calf.

I wonder if you put a heavy layer of skin lotion down if it would make a difference?

and remember..its not so much during the time he's drinking, its later when it starts coming out his pores

maybe he shouldn't use alcohol as a crutch for his inadequate life

if it comes to the point where they slap a fucking anklet on you, yeah your life is pretty low

why do you think those solutions aren't practical?

just a guess?

well for starters, from what i've gathered the anklet detects alcohol levels in your perspiration, so you'd have to stay in the pool or bath tub while you were drinking, and for several hours afterwards... aside from the risk of hypothermia, staying in the bathtub or a pool for hours on end could get a little dull.

its waterproof, im assuming?

what about vaseline or something else? lotion?

i think it must be waterproof, otherwise how would people shower / take a bath while wearing it? vaseline could certainly clog the pores, but then i think the device would transmit information to the monitoring system saying something had been placed between the pores of the skin and the anklet... water to me seems to be the only solution, as one might argue they were "at the pool all afternoon" or some shit like that.

Last edited:
Back