Anyone have experience with Windows Home Server?

Meh. Not sure if i am in the mood to fuck around with Linux. The only distro i ever messed with is Ubuntu, which is for retards to begin with i believe. Which distro would you suggest? I have a bunch of older HD's of various sizes and interfaces, and i was interested in the "pooling" that WHS does, no matter the HD type.

Uh, do you know how many of your files are going to use alternate streams? Do you even know what alternate streams are?

I have one rigged up right now.. I like it; Makes automation of backups easy as fuck, and i just stream my mp3s, videos and other assorted shit. I also just keep all my ISO images on the bitch just so thats less hard drive space being taken up on my main pc. Also have it backing up my mom and dad's PC's via VPN. Nothing amazingly special about it that you couldn't do with anything else, except configuration is easy as fuck, so thats one less thing to worry about. In all, I like it;

NASA uses Fedora. I use Fedora. If I can manage to use a linux distro NASA uses, you shouldn't have a problem.

Uh, do you know how many of your files are going to use alternate streams? Do you even know what alternate streams are?

I am aware of what ADS is. And probably not many. I was more interested in peoples overall experience with WHS.

Back