Desktop dide (quick question) :(

Yoda

Contributor
Veteran XV
Came back to my apartment and pushed the power button. Nothing happened, no fans spinning, nothing, just the click of the button. Turned off the power supply, waited a few minutes, flipped it back on, same thing, no dice. LEDs on the motherboard do come on when the power supply is on, other than that nothing. Is it safe to say that this is a power supply issue rather than another component that has gone on me? Other than the power supply and the power switch itself, I can't really think of another problem that would cause this. I don't have any of my computer crap out here (its all 1000 miles away), so I can't easily swap things in and out to check components :(.

maybe the power switch pin plug-in to the motherboard came loose?

if you can, try plugging the reset switch into the power switch pins, see if that works (might just be a bad power switch)

sounds like either a dead cpu or a mis-seated vid card (or other card)

Try taking everything off the mobo and putting it all back on, one at a time, trying it after each time.

I didn't think of trying to use the reset switch to bypass the power switch. I'll check that when I get home and then re-assemble the computer and see if I get anything. Thanks guys.

Back