[PS3 - Rumor] New 120GB + DS3 Coming

Original Article

\"\"Sony is, in fact, phasing out the 80GB PS3. Sony is going to stay with the two-SKU approach though, and the prices look to stay the same,\" the mole told me. I heard sirens in the background, and the mole seemed nervous. \"The Spiderman 3 pack-in will disappear as well once the 80GB unit is gone. In order to maintain a similar value proposition to the 80GB/Spiderman 3 bundle, I expect to see a storage increase to 120 or 160GB at the same price point, plus the new Dual-Shock 3 controller... what are you trying to accomplish with this story?\"\"\r\n\r\nThe person behind this information has so far been correct on forecasting the 360 bundled games, $400 40GB PS3, 360 HDMI revisions, and Rock Band pricing.

should i buy the 80 for backwards compatability or will this one not have any so they can make more money?

should i buy the 80 for backwards compatability or will this one not have any so they can make more money?
if BC is important to you - HURRY UP and buy the 80gig while you still can and while you can still have decent software emulation.

Hell, if you can find one get the 60gig - but you'd have to ebay it probably.

Cost cutting.As for HD space, it is really easy to upgrade the HD in the PS3, Sony even supports you using any HD to increase it.

I find it hilarious their excuse for cutting the 20 gig model was to have a single SKU to eliminate customer confusion... and now they are on their 6th? 7th?

How can they even get the benefits of scale of production with so many revisions and different parts?

lawlawlawlanyone still on the fence about a ps3 will hold out until it looks like there won't be anymore changes.

lawlawlawlanyone still on the fence about a ps3 will hold out until it looks like there won't be anymore changes.
You'll be on the fence for a long, long, time then.

If there is one thing you can learn from this generation of systems, it's that hardware revisions are going to be the new thing. Both MS and Sony defend their 'revisions' with the argument that, in the same way that car companies upgrade and change a model of a car every year, as should it be expected in video game console hardware.

Back