1:50pm flying to IL to pick up brand new Porsche Cayman S

A Cayman: When buying a Boxter says "I'm just like everyone" but when buying a 911 is a fleeting dream because you aimed for Middle Management and made it.

I have a 911, and I'm not middle management.

Cayman S is a great choice, AL. Awesome cars. Don't baby it, it was made to be thrashed.

Your money would have been better spent on a Corvette. Thanks to all the deals they have, you can get them pretty cheap.

My Father in Law just picked one up for $24,000 under sticker. Sticker was $89,000 (Convertible with all options), that's in Canada. Brings the total to $65,000...faster and with more options than a Cayman.

Though...it's not a Porsche. It's hard to replace the beauty of well done german engineering.

2006 Porsche Cayman S vs. Porsche 911 - Automobile Magazine

And I'm pretty sure you never driven either. I test driven both, I love what the CS is about. Mid-engine 2 seat Porsche.

People don't give a fuck about stats in a car, they only care about perceptions, and you will always be perceived as being a middle man. Run of the mill who couldn't make the big time and get a new 911. It shows you have moderate taste because you didn't get the Midlife Crisis-Mobile, though.

People don't give a fuck about stats in a car, they only care about perceptions, and you will always be perceived as being a middle man. Run of the mill who couldn't make the big time and get a new 911. It shows you have moderate taste because you didn't get the Midlife Crisis-Mobile, though.

True car enthusiasts would know exactly what I purchased and what my car is about. Perhaps you should read more about the car and the differences and pros of it. There are a lot of 997 GT3 owners who prefer the Cayman S on tracks, and vise-versa.

"Middleman" perception is only you, and probably other peeps who have no idea about cars who's opinions have no value.

Have fun with it. The last time I drove one it was evident, as Clarkson says, that the car was being artificially limited so it wouldn't eclipse the performance of the 911. That being said, it still performed quite well.

I wouldn't recommend the GT3RS over the R8 - certainly not as a daily or near daily driver.

The prices on Gallardos are falling like crazy. If I was willing and able to drop that kind of money I'd be tempted to go with an R8 for the newness and because I love Audis or the Gallardo for the flash and mean-ass V10 it has. Of course, you can drive an Audi with its check engine light on for two years, you drive a Gallardo with the check engine light it might cost you 10s of thousands to fix.

Last edited:
Back