[NFL] Fantasy Help

.Keyser Soze

Veteran X
I'm in the Super Bowl for my fantasy league and I've been racking my brain over some lineup decisions. Because it's week 17 I have to worry about players resting for the playoffs as well as match-ups and other variables.

I need 2 starters out of these RB's:

M. Barber vs. WAS
B. Jacobs vs. NE
M. Jones-Drew vs. HOU
T. Duckett vs. GB
S. Young vs. MIN
C. Taylor vs. DEN

I need 3 starters out of these WR's:

R. Moss vs. NYG
T. Holt vs. ARI
S. Holmes vs. BAL
D. Stallworth vs. NYG
R. White vs. SEA
C. Henry vs. MIA

I need 2 starters out of these QB's:

T. Brady vs. NYG
K. Warner vs. STL
M. Bulger vs. ARI

We also start 1 flex RB/WR position. No brainers would be Brady, Moss, and Holt, but as far as the rest of the players are concerned I can find pro's and con's for starting pretty much any of them. The running back situation is particularly challenging, because normally I would start 3 RB's total, but I can barely find two in my lineup who I would feel comfortable starting the last week of the season.

Warner

Duckett
S. Young

Moss
Holt
White

This is why I hate week 17 championships.

I had Warner penciled in, even though I stand to get double points with Bulger and Holt. Bulger has just been too injury prone this season to count on. I'm surprised you said Young though, I was almost leaning towards Taylor since he should get the bulk of the third down carries/passes as well as a handful of running plays on other downs. I still need a flex option as well, and I would probably lean towards starting 4 of my WR's.

Jacobs and Barber at RB. Barber might sit but could get some goaline carries. At WR obviously Moss, Holt, and then maybe Roddy White? Its a tough call but I think the Seahawks are gonna sit a lot of players. Miami sucks but Chris Henry hasn't done much in his shortened season. He used to get a lot of red zone looks because of his height.

QB, you gotta go with Brady. The Pats might run up the score. Warner would be a wise choice. He has thrown for over 300 yards multiple times this season.

Good Luck!

To further compound my troubles, I have to decide between Witten and Scheffler at TE, and then Chargers D/ST vs. OAK or Seahawks D/ST vs. ATL. Right now I'm sticking with Witten and Chargers D/ST.

Why would you start Jacobs this week? He hurt his ankle so they're likely to rest him, especially since they'll be playing catchup the entire game.

I had Warner penciled in, even though I stand to get double points with Bulger and Holt. Bulger has just been too injury prone this season to count on. I'm surprised you said Young though, I was almost leaning towards Taylor since he should get the bulk of the third down carries/passes as well as a handful of running plays on other downs. I still need a flex option as well, and I would probably lean towards starting 4 of my WR's.

You also stand to get screwed twice if Bulger has a bad game. Brady will try for the record, and then sit. Warner will play the whole game, with both of his top WR's healthy. Plus Warner has been playing well the past few weeks.

Young vs Taylor is a toss up, go with your gut on that one.

White has been good all year, and Seattle's pass D can give up some yards, especially if they sit people.

Unless it is PPR, I would lean RB over WR at flex, but that is just me.

To further compound my troubles, I have to decide between Witten and Scheffler at TE, and then Chargers D/ST vs. OAK or Seahawks D/ST vs. ATL. Right now I'm sticking with Witten and Chargers D/ST.

Aren't most of the Cowboys starters sitting?

Scheffler and Cutler are a great combo, and Minn's passing d is horrible.

Why would you start Jacobs this week? He hurt his ankle so they're likely to rest him, especially since they'll be playing catchup the entire game.
I wouldn't really start Jacobs, just because of the fact he's left multiple games with injuries this season and is dinged up at the moment. Not to mention the Giants are bad at home and will likely (hopefully for my teams sake) be playing from behind. I like Taylor, because I think regardless of the outcome or score, he should still see time in the backfield because he's been used more as a receiver out of the backfield as opposed to AD. As a Lions fan, I can easily see Favre coming out, throwing 3 TD's in the first half, and Martz abandoning the run and screwing me if I started Duckett. I might just have to bite the bullet and roll with Duckett and Taylor and start 4 WR's (Moss, Holt, White, and either Holmes/Stallworth).

You also stand to get screwed twice if Bulger has a bad game. Brady will try for the record, and then sit. Warner will play the whole game, with both of his top WR's healthy. Plus Warner has been playing well the past few weeks.

Young vs Taylor is a toss up, go with your gut on that one.

White has been good all year, and Seattle's pass D can give up some yards, especially if they sit people.

Unless it is PPR, I would lean RB over WR at flex, but that is just me.
Yeah, that's why I was thinking of sitting Bulger. I rather spread my scoring out some and let one combo (Brady/Moss) hopefully work some magic. I think in the battle of Young vs. Taylor I'd stick with the vet. But we have a high scoring league (2pts for every 10 yds rushing/receiving) so RB's and WR's stand to score a lot of points. I've decided on Duckett and Taylor, but I'm up in the air on Holmes, Stallworth or Young as my flex.

As far as the Cowboys resting their starters, it's been said that Phillips might try to get Witten the receptions record for TE (he needs 9) this game, which is why I have him starting until I hear otherwise.

Back