[IT] A+ Training Materials.

.dave.

Veteran X
So I just graduated and i either hope for a employer to pay for it, or i will go out for it myself.

Are their any other really big certs i should go for? i dont know if i want to do alot of network stuff, but idk.

Whats some good material to study with? Either cd/book/web/downloadable(torrents).

thanks.

I too will be taking my A+ in the next month or so. Wading through the crap A+ sites is enough work by itself.

If you're just starting out, A+ and MCP are good to get (you won't need a course to pass these tests). Some people will post in this thread shortly with 'LOL A+ LOL', but at least it's something to add on your resume. You have to start somewhere.

Eventually, like Tic said, you should get your MCSE and then go for CCNP.

My new job requires I have the A+ within my first 3 months of employment. So I don't have any choice in the matter really.

Last edited:
also posted my resume on dice, monster, career builder, hotjobs, school site, i think usajobs, anywhere else recommended?

MS Press usually has good books. Trainsignal does great videos. If you have access to newsgroups, I highly suggest checking out alt.binaries.cbts

These resources will cover most of the areas you'll need to pass the tests.

to get server+ and more specialized server certs you need to start with A+, at least up here

some companies are starting to not let regular IT people touch servers and shit unless they're certified

good thing A+ is a mickey mouse exam

Back