Reached my goal today!

CelticLegend

Veteran X
I'm 5'9" in a stiff wind.... back on June 21, 2007, I looked in the mirror and said, "wtf, chubby"... and went on a simple diet, watching my caloric intake, and dropped sodas, went to water only (with the exception of beer occasionally).

I dropped from 195 lbs to 170 lbs, as of today. Twenty five pounds gone!

I'm feeling and looking great... drop the fat, look/feel great: WHO WOULDA THUNK IT!?!

party-smiley-dancing.gif
party-smiley-dancing.gif
party-smiley-dancing.gif
party-smiley-dancing.gif
party-smiley-dancing.gif
party-smiley-dancing.gif

Thanks...! Some exercise... treadmill, 1/2 mile a day, three times a week or so... increased it to one mile over several weeks, then for the last month or so, dropped off walking, and started pushups every other day, real basic, and nothing super-routine.

I'll see if I can find some pics... I'm not normally the target of pics, I'm the one taking 'em. I especially like how my face isn't as chubby looking, the flub under my chin receded, which really rocks. I look more like my younger self.

Great, about 6 months to lose 25 pounds. Here, lets do some math. Just under 6 months so we'll use a simple number of 180 days. Now, to lose a pound it's a 3500 calorie deficit and the OP lost 25 pounds.

25 x 3500 = 87500 calories lost.
87500 / 180 = 486.11

Basically, the OP had a deficit of 500 calories a day, very nice.

what does the wind have to do with your height?

It's a really old saying... got it from my dad (who was born in '29). It suggests a stiff wind blowing from behind to straighten you up to maximum height, or something to that effect.

No decent pics that can serve as before/after, sorry. Nothing like what Rancher Dan did. :shrug: But gettin' into the shower, it's a helluva lot less depressing :brows:

Yea grats... I did the same thing last June.. I was 247lbs and currently as of my last doctors visit I am at 193lbs.
I am going to get the quit smoking pill when I get into the 180s. :)

Back