Sometimes when I sneeze..

dionysus

Veteran X
These tiny little white balls come out of my throat. It's only happened a handful of times, but they smell fucking terrible. This is gross what are these things. I'm trying to google it now.

Its dried puss. If you set it out to the open air over night it will shrivel and turn brown/black.

Apparently they are called tonsil stones. Gross, apparently alcohol and dairy contribute to them forming.

Hmmm, that's weird because I only get them when I have a throat infection. That's the only reason I assumed they were a puss (aka infection).

It could be related to my wisdom tooth, its been fucking extremely painful and swollen for a few days now, I have to get it pulled. It's impacted and possible infected. I have to wait until next week though to get it out. :[

tonsilstonespicture.jpg

gross.

i'm going to go out on a limb here and say you've probably got this stuff because you're either unhealthy or maintain unhealthy diets; that's it's indicative of other issues but easily remedied. but then again that's just a completely uneducated opinion.

gross.

i'm going to go out on a limb here and say you've probably got this stuff because you're either unhealthy or maintain unhealthy diets; that's it's indicative of other issues but easily remedied. but then again that's just a completely uneducated opinion.

Uneducated fuck.

Actually you guys are misinformed.

They develop in the crypts of your tonsils. Some people get them more easily than others due to the shape and size of your tonsils. I used to get them and thought they were fucking gross as fuck. They smell like absolute shit, and if you ever break one on your fingers, it is impossible to get rid of the stench.

I don't get them anymore. :)

I still drink milk.

I still drink alcohol.

I believe what you are describing are called "Tonsilloliths," which are defined as calcareous concretions in a distended tonsillar crypt. Try to take a look more closely and see if there are white balls hanging around in little pockets on your tonsils--there probably are.

They are the dead cells from your mouth--they get stuck in your tonsils and form up into little balls. It's a pain in the ass to get them out and a lot of people have them. Some people use q-tips to get them out, I use a pick that dentists use to pick off debris. Try to gargle with warm salt water and keep your mouth as clean as possible.

edit: sl83 beat me. But he's right, what you eat/drink may have only a little effect on it. I have noticed, however, that it gets worse when I eat foods that swell my throat such as sushi. Also, smoking pot can have an effect on it.

A lot of people have the fuckin things and you gotta live with em. Only for sure cure is to get your tonsils yanked.

Last edited:
I used to work with a guy that must have just chewed his up and eaten them. His breath smelled like these ALL THE TIME. :sick:

Back