[news,ofn?] Nuclear research facility hacked by Chinese! (srsly!)

cael

Veteran XX
6po80efpq7.jpg

these amazing hackers had the top notch plant staff open email attachments.

these goddamn chinese are like computer sorcerers

I don't understand why these top level classified places would even have access to the tubes, and not have a closed national network. Just seems like unnecessary risk.

:boogie:

I don't understand why these top level classified places would even have access to the tubes, and not have a closed national network. Just seems like unnecessary risk.

The important part is that when we launch strikes in Iran we can blame the chinese.

They do.

They have a massive intranet.

doesn't the article say unclassified network?

Doesn't sound too serious to me.

The problem here is, if they compromise a machine and some idiot is exchanging data between this open and closed network it could have a major impact.

The problem here is, if they compromise a machine and some idiot is exchanging data between this open and closed network it could have a major impact.

Even just getting email addresses or something seemingly mundane would be a serious compromise. I'm sure it's being overblown a bit. If it was really serious, i doubt it would be covered in this way... so quickly.

We do..... thats what fucking idiotic hackers don't realize. There are very very few places where the internet (NIPRNET) and the internal network cross (SIPRNET) but they are so far logically from classified materials, just traversing would take days upon days, which at somepoint will tip off IDS's and the like. JWICS on the other hand which is for everything above secret doesn't even touch commerical lines, you'd have to physically find the buried cable and tap into it. So yes 99.9999999% of the shit you read about "Hackers expose DoD secrets" was shit they found in one of the thousands of honeypots that have been setup on NIPRNET

We do..... thats what fucking idiotic hackers don't realize. There are very very few places where the internet (NIPRNET) and the internal network cross (SIPRNET) but they are so far logically from classified materials, just traversing would take days upon days, which at somepoint will tip off IDS's and the like. JWICS on the other hand which is for everything above secret doesn't even touch commerical lines, you'd have to physically find the buried cable and tap into it. So yes 99.9999999% of the shit you read about "Hackers expose DoD secrets" was shit they found in one of the thousands of honeypots that have been setup on NIPRNET

nerd.gif

Back