News Consolidation

godsdog

Veteran X
Anyone know of a program that could read through 25-50 emails containing short blurbs about news headlines and developments... then produce a single document with the repetition removed?

i.e.
Story 1: Maori dude kills cat with clown car
Story 2: Dude kills neighbors cat with car while drunk
(edit: its the same story...just 2 different writers and they choose to put in and omit different details)

Run this "consolidator" and it spits out:

Maori dude kills neighbors cat with clown car while drunk

i.e. eliminating repetition while keeping detail

any ideas?
i have to read hundreds of emails a day for my job and I'd love to just hit a summary of a bunch

thanks
:lies: (edit2: maori,not samoan)

Last edited:
There are quant funds out there working on something that could gather all the news feeds and make a trading decision based on the content. This technology might already exist on a rudimentary level for all we know. I worked on this a little bit for a small project for Reuters when I was a consultant. This doesn't help you at all, but my guess is no.

The answer is no.

I suggest you pick up a book on programming (C# probably) and get crackin.

There are quant funds out there working on something that could gather all the news feeds and make a trading decision based on the content. This technology might already exist on a rudimentary level for all we know. I worked on this a little bit for a small project for Reuters when I was a consultant. This doesn't help you at all, but my guess is no.

I imagine Reuters and Bloomberg have it.... I just want a simple one

there are newsreading programs out there but they will cost you a bunch.

you are best off writing some code yourself

Back