blargh. (tech help) 64 to 32. 4 vs 3. ajdklajfleaf

loop

Veteran XX
OKAY

So... my iphone is only compatible with 32 bit windows vista or xp. (or, hell, mac os of any flavor but that's beyond the point).

I need to move back to a 32-bit OS.

I have 4 gigs of very fast ram running beautifully.

Here's the questions then:

1: XP or Vista?
2: 3 or 2 gigs of RAM? or should I leave all 4 in? If so, is there something I need to do to prevent instability?

Vista 32, and leave all the RAM there. It won't hurt anything, just won't all get used.

Drivers are much better for Vista than they were a few months back, BTW.

XP > Vista

Check the mobo's manual on the 4 GB RAM issue. Most mobos should be able to handle it no prob.

Vista mostly sucks for gaming, but has other nice features. If you don't game much or don't mind a performance hit/incompatibility problems with some games, go with Vista.

XP

leave it in there. 32-bit XP might not be able to use ALL of it, but unless you have a shitload of devices, it should still use more than 3gb of it

Vista 32, and leave all the RAM there. It won't hurt anything, just won't all get used.

Drivers are much better for Vista than they were a few months back, BTW.

I had read a while back (and this might be old news and fixed by now) that if I DID have more than 3.5ish gigs of ram including the vidcard (so i actually have 4.5 gigs of addressable space) vista would sometimes write to areas it couldn't readdress.

of course, having written that out it sounds fucktarded. Never mind.

so down to vista 32 it looks like. :(

Uhmmm.... why not use VMware or MS Virtual Machine to emulate the OS you need instead of reinstalling an entire OS just to sync with a gay looking trendy phone?

Meh, at least you won't have to either reboot, lose ram, or run in an unstable/out of date environment.

True, but then I'm using that ram (and additional cpu resources) in order to run an instance of XP or Vista. I dunno.
I've got some heavy thinking.

btw HIYA! How's life?

Back