[Cars] Anyone own a g35?

Jelly

Veteran XX
I've talked to a few people who have them and they are either in love with it or act like its just any other car...

I'm thinking about getting a used one.

Anyone have any input from mechanical problems and what not?

I've talked to a few people who have them and they are either in love with it or act like its just any other car...

It's a car.

i have one.

my only problem with it is that every few days you have to fill it up with the shit to make it run correctly.

it's starting to piss me off.

lady i work with has one. very nice. all about the options and engine though. many other cars i'd choose over it. i drove it a bit, handles very nice.

I liked the G better than the Z. If you're going to mod the thing, don't bother because the VQ35 engines are pretty weak.

they are nice cars. friend owns black 06 g35 coupe black int. navi, everything
quick, uses a good amount of gas tho, rated 17/24mpg
good space in back seats
it just feels like a car for a female though :/

Last edited:

P1010026.JPG

You're fucking right I do! Ignore Krakbaby, I think he is one of those guys that gets a hard on over a civic with a body kit or anything made by GM.

Mechanical problems... repairs can be pricey, but mine has performance parts fromt he touring package to jack up the cost. Brakes are expensive, tires, etc. Worth it, its got a lot of speed when I want it and it handles very well. I get right around 25mpg on it, most of the miles are highway for me.

kmz, explain that last one please :(

i dunno, maybe its too nice for me :p the back seats felt kinda small (not the space, the actual buttspot) and the stock exhaust sounds contricted. it also looks "cute" (talkin bout the coupe here, i dont like the sedan). very round like a bug ^_^ and not mean lookin like say, a trans am ws6

for that price i would probably take a used c5 z06. i like the harsh ride and v8 rumble. but it is an awesome car, dont get me wrong :]

I drove a 2008 G35 Sedan last week and it's fucking unreal. They stole the BMW driving experience and put it into this car with a whole bunch of bells and whistles.

I owned one (before move), G35c. Had all the bells and whistles. Absolutely loved it, and would get another in a heart beat. It wasn't found around my town at all either which made it all that much better.

G > Z

My mom just got a G35. I haven't driven hers yet, but I have driven those cars before and they drive very nice. Spend the money on good tires though, don't get bottom-of-the-line.

G > Z

My mom just got a G35. I haven't driven hers yet, but I have driven those cars before and they drive very nice. Spend the money on good tires though, don't get bottom-of-the-line.

New tires were 250 a corner, with a 15% discount (gramps owned like five firestones before retirement).

Heh. Re-tire-ment.

Love it.

We are debating trading in ours for the G37 though - we were offered a ridiculous deal and may have to do it.

It's an awesome car.

I am not much of a fan of the G37s.

And i've been looking for the 6speed G35c. Seems they are running around 27-30k with warranties still.

Will probably wait till winter (January) though. I have the feeling prices might drop a little.

I am not looking to mod the engine. Maybe put some nice shoes on it but even that is pushing it.

Back