Define Reality

DiSk

Veteran X
Is reality what we see.. certainly not...

Is reality what we hear... certainly not.

Is reality what we feel....? Are emotions the only true reality?

How could we possibly be so sure as to assume we can actually define something that we can never ever explain.

We do it all the time, why, how, and for what reasons do we even attempt to justify what we perceive as reality to actually be real?

Are we much more than we will ever know?

I'm looking for actual intelligent answers from the likes of LogRoller, Kurayami, Ben Reed.... etc. If you're from the South and think this is a troll post please do not bother responding, I know actual thinking is considered a burden where you come from and I have accepted this.

Discuss.

Reality, in everyday usage, means "the state of things as they actually exist." The term reality, in its widest sense, includes everything that is, whether or not it is observable or comprehensible. Reality in this sense may include both being and nothingness, whereas existence is often restricted to being (compare with nature).

Reality, in everyday usage, means "the state of things as they actually exist." The term reality, in its widest sense, includes everything that is, whether or not it is observable or comprehensible. Reality in this sense may include both being and nothingness, whereas existence is often restricted to being (compare with nature).

You sound like Jean-Paul-Sartre.

Interesting though.

Disk just read a paragraph in a philosophy textbook and he's now ready to tackle the intellectual battlefield. Only problem is he's unarmed.

I was like you once disk. By that I mean I was your age once, I didn't mean that I fantasized swimming in a sea of man juice with logs jammed up my ass, because that's just a silly thing for a straight man to think about.

Elaborate.

1. The World is all that is the case.

1.1 The world is the totality of facts, not of things.

1.11 The world is determined by the facts, and by their being all the facts.

1.12 For the totality of facts determines what is the case, and also whatever is not the case.

1.13 The facts in logical space are the world.

1.2 The world divides into facts.

1.21 Each item can be the case or not the case while everything else remains the same.

Back