Office 2007 is a very functional piece of software

OtakuMark

Veteran X
Clipart+Online clipart+templates make things a lot easier than when using OpenOffice as well.

I hope OpenOffice or SunOffice has a major breakthrough and becomes a solid competitor for this, I hadn't used Office 2007 very much before but now that I'm typing a paper on it, so far I only have good things to say. It seems like they focused a lot on user experience/usability (I guess that's in high demand for office work anyway) and made a pretty solid office suite.

Might look into that Ultimate Steal thing.

I also like it very much. It was kinda frustrating going from 2003 to 2007, since everything moved around, but once you get used to it, you can see how much easier it is to work with.

writing research papers in word2k7 is amazing with the built in bibliography/citation system

it was amazing in beta, should be even better now :shrug:

i can't see myself spending money on office again. i've been using openoffice for the last 8 months or so and i'd have a hard time justifying paying for any of it again, even tho i'm sure its much improved.

I switched to Office 2007. It sucks super hard, it is ugly, and fuck the .docx default formatting in Word. I especially like how everything sucks down more resources without providing any relevant additional functionality. As in all previous versions, the auto-formatting (esp. with citations) is obnoxious and doesn't format properly.

Needless to say, I won't be spending money on new versions of MS Office from here on out.

the .docx and .pptx extensions have fucked me over a couple of times, but other than that i like the changes.

Despite changing the file format, with the included ability to work in Compatibility mode (Saves everything in previous format) and the software that allows older versions of Office to open and work with the new format, they make it much easier for people (organizations) to migrate to the new format without being FORCED to do so.

If you can get acclimated to the new GUI, it really is a good solid product. If you are still using Office 2000 or XP, 2007 can offer leaps and bounds in terms of features and reliability. If you're using Office 2003, I really think it's a solid product and could see it being used for atleast the next 3 or 4 years pretty heavily.

:)

this is good to know.

i just got the business version of Office 2007 and im trying to figure my way around in there seeing as how everything looks different. i also have to keep reminding myself to save everything in the proper format so people who dont have 07 can view it.

btw- any of you homos ever take any of the eclasses offered through microsoft and if so, are they any good? i think i should take their office 07 classes so i get get a head of the curve.

I've used open office for the past 3 years.

Only complaint is that it doesn't come with photo editing software

What are you talking about double spaced? Nothing is double spaced by default.

Do you mean hitting enter makes a new paragraph (instead of just a new line)? If you press shift+enter it has the same behaviour as previous versions.

Back