Whats the easiest way to find out if a phone works with Verizon?

link_

Veteran X
Long story short my shitty cell phone and I had a disagreement and it no longer works (screens busted). I don't want to renew my contract because I will be gone for 6 months and wont be able to use it--I don[t want to pay $50+ a month for a phone I can't even use.

So, I saw these cheap pre-paid (i htink) phones at Kroger last night and I was wondering If I could get one and have my verizon account switched to it. I only need it until the end of december.

The phones I saw were:
LG 125
Nokia 2125(i?)

How can I find out if they work with Verizon Wireless?

wtfsq3.jpg

Uh, call Verizon and give them the ESN and have them check it. It has to be a CDMA phone, fyi.

Pay as you go phones usually are setup to work with the provider they're meant for, and nothing else. IE: VirginMobile is Sprint, etc.

wtfs you mean I have to go in and open the box...i dunno if I can do that because they are in those hard plastic seal case things.

That's why I put the smiley in there. It may be printed on the back of the box somewhere too, I'm not sure. But it's safe to say that if it's a pay as you go phone it probably won't work on a standard plan. I don't even think Verizon has a pre-paid plan.

Better off just trying craigslist for a cheap phone /shrug

bah

I just wanted to go pick up a phone and transfer if over and not have to go search or do alot of crap.

stop being such a poor bitch and get a 50 dollar phone. then maybe take care of it this time, or if you are a complete retard, put insurance on it so verizon can save 50 dollars for you for next time you break the shit out of ur phone

call Verizon.

Hell they should be able to GIVE you a replacement shit phone for nothing.

Long story short my shitty cell phone and I had a disagreement and it no longer works (screens busted). I don't want to renew my contract because I will be gone for 6 months and wont be able to use it--I don[t want to pay $50+ a month for a phone I can't even use.
If I understand this correctly your contract with Verizon Wireless is ending soon, you don't want to renew it, but you also don't want to lose your number. Am I correct?

If so, you can buy a Boost Mobile handset for $30 at Wal-Mart, activate it, and port your number. They'll ask for an account number and have your number working on the new phone in less than 24 hours.

The minimum you have to pay is $15 every 90 days to keep your account from expiring. My mother was on T-Mobile paying $22/month for a phone she maybe used for 10 minutes/month. Airtime charges are $0.20/minute during peak hours, $0.10/minute nights and weekends. The balance rolls over but you must "re-Boost" for the $15 every 90 days, so her account probably has $80 in it now.

the ESN is written both on the back of the phone (behind the battery) and also on the retail box, printed on a label.

bah

I just wanted to go pick up a phone and transfer if over and not have to go search or do alot of crap.

If you want to do that, you shouldn't be with Verizon. Those fuckers couldn't give a shit about what their customers want, they're only interested in milking very last cent they possibly can out of you.

Back