Getting back at a scammer

Minion^

Veteran XV
How do you go about reporting a cyber crime? Just call the closest police station that has that division? What do you tell them? Etc.

I gotta go about it this way since paypal said

After careful review, we have determined that the seller is at fault but
regret to inform you that we were unable to recover any funds from the
seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds
associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Mind explaining what this is about?

Is this WoW account trading on ebay gone wrong? If so, you probably need to google a bit and try to learn how ebay folks handle this. This is more about ebay than WoW.

Either way, im also moving this to the subforum. :D

Good luck, tho. Hope there's a way to get it back...

careful.. skysnipe and tankbusterx wont take kindly to you attacking one of their own.
:rofl:

this is about markee. bought an account and the kid recalled his account and paypal couldn't retrieve funds from it. So i'm assuming that he hacked someone's paypal.. which is naughty.

Last edited:
:rofl:

this is about markee. bought an account and the kid recalled his account and paypal couldn't retrieve funds from it. So i'm assuming that he hacked someone's paypal.. which is naughty.

thats why i dont really mess in this stuff that much. sucks man i can feel for you.

best thing that you can do that has worked for me is this. if the kid is still talking to you threaten him with the FBI. then bullshit out of your ass. you might shake the account out of him.
Federal Bureau of Investigation - Internet Fraud

thats the site i kept talking about when i had to shake my friends account back for him. I linked him the site and kept on it over AIM and he finally said "ok i will change the pass back just leave me alone"

but now that sky and tank saw that its bullshit.. its only going to make the scammers stronger man :-\

i already knew of the site. i was just asking what i should say specifically. reporting it as a virtual good might not be the way to go imo

umm i wasnt telling you to use the site to actually try and get your shit back

what i did was i used the site to intimidate the person into giving my account back.

Back