whats the closest you ever got to a real celeb?

like a REAL celebrity, nationally known, household name. not some random dude on a pro sports team.

I attended a microsoft event early in the morning, and it was snowing pretty bad.

I arrived ~hour early, waited in the hotel lobby, and katie fucking couric sits down next to me. She was doing a story on the snow and the nbc sat truck was parked outside.

we talked for a good 5 minutes, it was cool.

this one time I was 5 feet away from George Lucas at the annual Lucas Film/Lucas Arts/ILM/whatever other lucas companies there are halloween party.

but I was warned to not talk to him or otherwise acknowledge his existence because if I did my friend would get his ass fired. it's some kind of company policy.

i once saw Brian Knobs of the outstanding WWF Tag Team "The Nasty Boys" on the street when I was in Orlando. I got my picture taken with him as he did his signature "Arm Pit Smell" on me.

Best. Day. Ever.

I met Bill Murray at a bar in Chicago. His godson is was an asshole. But Bill was super cool.

I walked by "Uncle Phil" from Fresh Prince of Bel Air in a San Diego Westin hotel. He's a tall bastard.

Tom Arnold was at a Hard Rock Cafe in San Diego when I was there. He was in a roped off section dressed as Santa Clause and entertaining orphans. Cool guy ++

Last edited:
I saw Richard Simmons' balls while he was trying on Matador costumes, if that counts for anything.

I spent a short bit of time with Tom Arnold and Kevin Bacon, and I ended up talking to Martin Sheen for a couple of days (by far the coolest).

Shook Colbert's hand when I saw a taping of his show. I have also met the man who does the Yoda voice from star wars several times.

scotty.jpg

couple years before he died

Wayne Gretzky was my little league baseball coach, in Westlake Village, California. Pretty much the greatest season of my life.

I took tequila shots with Trendz from I love NY, and Lil Bow Wow hahaha. At Marquee in NYC. It was very dark in there that night.

I said hello to Flava Flav in the Vegas airport this summer. I knew he was a little fucker, but when you see him in person he's like a black smurf.

too many musicians to count, one of my sisters has been in the concert promotions business for 20+ years. All through high school, college and presently I get free tickets and back stage passes to any show I want

Apparently Lindsay Lohan was there too, but I was so drunk I don't even know what I would of done if I saw her.

Bill Laimbeer was my baseball coach growing up and lived next to me.

I played golf with Congressmen Joe Knowlemberg growing up a lot too.

Back