Honestly - Why?

bluerayplayer.jpg

It looks like some piece of crap CD from the early 90's. If it looks like crap, it probably is crap.

Discuss

Edit: I think I lost my picture posting privileges. :p
Edit: NM - Fixed

Last edited:
redx

edit: linked pic is also not working :/

reply: what does the bottom look like? I hate scratches / fingerprints on cd's, so I would have no problem with a fully covered cd.

It is funny looking to put a floppy in a cd drive though.

Last edited:
Could you actually tell us what the fuck we're looking at. Jesus, is it a vcd,dvd,hd-dvd or blue ray? Is it audio or video? Is it even a fucking disk or is it a hard drive of some kind?

asthetics follow AFTER function. If this is a new and badass way to store information then just sit on your hands for 6 months and a more expensive model will come out to match your posh asshole tastes.

is it one of those cartridge things that old cd roms used to be, where you had to place each disc in that case first? (bad)

or are all the discs enclosed in it forever to avboid scratching (good)

wait, is that something where they finally have a replaceable casing around the disc so you don't ever have to worry about scratches, dirt, etc?

my middle school had those for their encyclopedia software discs. I thought it was a great idea, but I've never seen them since.

A friend of mine has a Plextor CD-RW that's like 4x from AGES ago. He still uses it though because it uses caddies for the CD's. Like basically what you see in that pic, but you open the side of it, put the CD in, and it NEVER has to come out.

He has CD's from the 90's that are in absolute perfect condition because they've been in a caddy since they were bought. You just feed the whole thing right into the drive, and never have to even touch the CD. It's pretty awesome.

And the best part is he can just throw the caddies around like nothing without worrying about damaging the CD's.

is it one of those cartridge things that old cd roms used to be, where you had to place each disc in that case first? (bad)

or are all the discs enclosed in it forever to avboid scratching (good)

That's what it looks like, and what I am comparing it to. However this is a writable blue ray disk.

why is it enclosed now?

Because the only thing protecting the data layer is some sort of acid coating. So one little scratch would render the disk useless.

This is one of the main reasons why I support the reliable, tried and true HD DVD.

Plus HD DVD's are cheaper to make/upgrade to.

And ofcourse I hate SONY.

Back