Dutch protesters make bid to save "magic mushrooms"

MolimOrion

Veteran XV
Dutch protesters make bid to save "magic mushrooms" - Yahoo! News

After several incidents involving tourists -- in March, a French teenager jumped to her death from a bridge after taking mushrooms -- the Dutch government plans to ban them.

"It's only foreigners who have this problem, the Dutch don't because they have good information," he said.

I'm surprised they went after the shrooms instead of going after the bridges.

It's active mushroom season currently in the Pac NW. Lots of P. cyanescens growing in wood chips. About 1 in 4 truckloads of wood chips (mostly from utility companies) contain spores from that species, which fruit for a few years. They are one of the most potent species in the world, and they fruit in the thousands. People unwittingly create perennial patches of this species, as folks love their wood chip trails along shade loving plants, especially Rhododendrons.

P. azurescens can be found up and down the Oregon and Washington coastlines. They are supposedly the most potent in the world. They have an affiliation with the dune grasses, specifically Ammophila maritima. They are very easy to cultivate, as are most all of the active ones. The easiest way is by keeping the stem butts, rather than throwing them away. You can place the stem butts between pieces of very wet corrugated carboard. Place it in a cardboard box, add some wood chips, and let it sit outside in the shade. After about 3-4 weeks, mycelium (the white webby stuff) begins to grow. It will grow as long as it continues to have food to eat. Take some of the myceliated wood chips, and plant them under wood chips somewhere else in order to spread the mycelium. It's important to add a Buddha statue in your patches.

No one really plants these for them to grow as prolifically as they do. Active mushrooms are particularly useful for breaking down the lignin in the wood in support of creating soils for other plants to grow from.

In the Pac NW, after 3 generations of logging, the investors are looking towards new ways to have bigger yields. In the past, folks truly believed that our forests were our renewable resources, when that defies common sense. When they used to clearcut, they would pile up the brush, and burn it. Then, they'd come in and plant new trees. Each generation produced a smaller yield, and this is because of the continuing depleted soil. Logging companies are now using chain saw oils containing both P. cyanescens and P. azurescens spores. Then they chip up the wood, and spread it out where they have logged. This helps create more soil, allowing for bigger yields in the future. The mycelium also keeps the soil intact more, preventing erosion.

Other active species are also being researched to fight bioterrorism as well as breaking down old munitions, and agents such as VX nerve gas. There are cold tolerant species which can break down the nerve gas at very low temperatures, keeping below the overheating threshold.

From a spiritual perspective, active mushrooms have been used for a very long time. I would be surprised if the roots of any of the great religions weren't created using active mushrooms. They are definitely not for everyone (i.e. the general public), which is why it is important to be as informed as the Dutch are. In my opinion, active mushrooms are great for re-aligning your moral compass, as they provide a very intense inward looking experience, and can also be helpful in sparking creativity in artists, theologians, astronomers, computer programmers, psychologists, and other intellectual leaders.

Mushrooms can definitely help save the world. It would be sad if we chose not to use them because they are "illegal" in many countries. The mushrooms will respond to these environmental issues with apolitical measures. Will we ?

I took mushrooms with a bunch of people in Amsterdam and the only thing that happened was one of our friends got all weird and kept asking us if we thought he was gay. We also watched Dog Day Afternoon and smoked a lot of weed and hash. And like ten thousand red balloons drifted by our hotel room windows at one point. That was kind of strange. But no one committed suicide, although I guess at that point we were all pretty experienced with psychedelic drugs. Except for that one guy.

it's fucking ridiculous they want to ban em... one french girl offed herself while on shrooms and another french guy hid himself in a van and skinned his dog because he was talking to spirits.

is that the mistake of the dutch shrooms? OR THE FUCKING FRENCH!@#$^Y&

also.. we have loads more accidents with alcohol but do we banish alcohol? no we don't..

... It's important to add a Buddha statue in your patches.

...Logging companies are now using chain saw oils containing both P. cyanescens and P. azurescens spores.

...and can also be helpful in sparking creativity in artists, theologians, astronomers, computer programmers, psychologists, and other intellectual leaders.

...Mushrooms can definitely help save the world. It would be sad if we chose not to use them because they are "illegal" in many countries. The mushrooms will respond to these environmental issues with apolitical measures. Will we ?

I would ask what you've been taking, but...

If you need mind altering drugs to accomplish something then maybe you should just kill yourself. It's not like you're worth much anyway then.

I took mushrooms with a bunch of people in Amsterdam and the only thing that happened was one of our friends got all weird and kept asking us if we thought he was gay. We also watched Dog Day Afternoon and smoked a lot of weed and hash. And like ten thousand red balloons drifted by our hotel room windows at one point. That was kind of strange. But no one committed suicide, although I guess at that point we were all pretty experienced with psychedelic drugs. Except for that one guy.

That doesn't sound like a fun trip.
cut out the violent movie and it's looking better.

Back