Anyway to make a cat more friendly to other cats?

Greywolf

Veteran X
Heres the back story.

Me and my fiancee have a 2 bedroom apt that gave us a ton of room. The second bedroom we used as a "makeshift" 2nd bedroom (eg. extra matress was in that bedroom) as well as a library for my fiancee.

My fiancee is friends with a girl who has had some bad luck financially and she and her bf need a place to stay for 2 months until they move to toronto..Problem comes when it comes to their animals.

Me and my fiancee have a cat and 2 hamsters. With our 2 bedroom apt it was tons of room. However now her friend also brought a ferret and 2 fucking cats, along with a crapload of usless crap. Im starting to really see how small this apartment it.

Our cat doesnt like other cats its seems, and their cats seem to be taking over the house claiming it. Our cat hisses and basically gets really defensive with the other cats. and she gets really scared when around them.

I dont want our cat being forced into a corner in this situation. So i wonder if there is a way to train/show our cat not to be so scared of these cats. The only other way to do it is to get my fiancees friend to get rid of their cats. We are already helping them by giving them a place to stay, fuck making our life harder more then it already is.

CLiffs:
- fiancees friend and BF move in
- they bring a shitload of crap + 2 cats
- our cat hates their cat
- anyway to make our cat like the other two to make our lives easier for 2 months?

Yeah, good fucking luck.

Cats have a mind of their own and anytime you try to force your cat to do something it doesn't want to do it will make you pay.

i found that if you kick a cat a lot then kick another cat a lot that the two cats will bond because they share the same pain. in summation, kick your cat a lot because cats suck.

show favoritism to one of them and dont go near or feed the other one. eventually it will get really hungry and start begging you for food. maybe it dies. now you have the upper hand.

i find that if you talk down to the cat and hurtle insults at it with reckless abandon it will realize the folly of its ways.

"Oh, right, Margaret, you wanted prime rib. Here's the deal: The Palm wasn't taking reservations, and I didn't even try Morton's because I understand they have a new chef. So for now, let's just go with the Alpo, okay? I know it's not your first choice but keep in mind, you're a f--king dog!"

THANKS DALE STURTEVANT

also, if you keep the cats hopped up on valium that will help.

its because they have 2 cats, and you have one

your cat feels inferior to the other 2 who most likely gang up on it

One way we got our cats to get along. Was to get both in a small room, like a walk in closet. Put one underneath a laundry hamper or something with a weight on top keeping it down, with enough holes in it so it can breathe and see the other cat. Then let them hang out in there for a while.

Cats are territorial. The other 2 cats are infringing on your cats territory.

How would you like it if a couple of niggers/mexicans you don't know suddenly decided they were going to live with you?

don't allow the other two cats out of the spare bedroom. problem solved.

Can't wait for next thread, "Moocher roomies refuse to keep cats in room, decide to stay longer, bitch fiancee doesn't want me to kick them out".

Back