anyone have experience with kodak easyshare Z series?

LoneGunman

Contributor
Veteran XV
they seem to have lots of features at good prices. Plus the kodak camera I have now (V550) is very good so it would lead me to believe their other models would be good.

I dropped mine on a concrete floor once and now it randomly turns off. Don't buy another it until they ruggedized them for concrete floor dropping.

I dropped mine on a concrete floor once and now it randomly turns off. Don't buy another it until they ruggedized them for concrete floor dropping.

what if I buy it and only use it on carpets? or a floor made of pillows?

if your taking pics outside in bright environments, they are great. if you take pics in low light or indoors they are straight up garbage. They do have some of the fastest shutter lags though. But yea they suck in low light, hella dark and grainy, but are cheap and good for shooting outside. Make sure you get the ones with the image stabilizer. the Z712 or whatever it is. Also get a pair of NIMH rechargeable cells cuz it only comes with some bullshit proprietary lithium batt thats a one time use. THe charging kit and batteries from kodak cost 80 bucks, so go buy some regular rechargeable AAs.

Back