My buddy has Tuberculosis. Shit.

Redwood

Veteran XV
So my friend walks into my house on Sunday, hackin' and coughin'. We dose him up with Nyquil, robo, the works, and nothing helps. We send him home, and a day later his ass ends up in the hospital with suspected TB.

Great.

Neither I or my roommate are showing symptoms, and probably won't for awhile if we did catch anything.

But still. Shit. F this noise.

Naw

WebMD said:
How is it treated?
Doctors generally use a combination of four antibiotics to treat active TB, whether it occurs in the lungs or elsewhere. Medications for active TB must be taken for at least 6 months. Almost all people who take their medications as directed are cured. If tests continue to show an active TB infection, treatment is extended for 8 to 9 months.

One antibiotic taken for 9 months is the usual treatment for latent TB. This prevents the infection from becoming active and reduces the risk of complications.

If you miss doses of medication or you stop treatment too soon, your treatment may go on longer or you may have to start over. This can also cause the infection to get worse or lead to antibiotic-resistant infections that are much harder to treat.

A health professional may have to watch you take your medications. This may mean daily visits to a doctor's office or public health facility. Or the health professional may come to your home or workplace. A cure for TB requires you to take all doses of the antibiotics. Direct observational treatment ensures that people follow medication instructions, which is helpful because of the long treatment course for TB. Cure rates for TB have greatly improved because of this treatment practice.

If active TB is not treated, it can damage the lungs or other organs and can possibly cause death.

It's just a pain in the ass to get over.

I thought I had TB when I came back from afghanistan.

They gave me the test and the newbie nurse gave me a false diagnosis.

They made me sweat for an hour or so before I could get a more experienced nurse to look at it.

hey told me that even if I had it, it's curable but I'd be on meds for 9 months or so.

Edit: ok, so redwood beat me to it.

this is quite possibly the most important question you have ever been asked;

did you suck his dick?

Well they'll give him a lot of antibiotics. They'll also make sure that he has a strain that IS NOT one of those uncurable ones that came from Mexico and other areas...

He should fly to Greece...then somehow get to Czech...then catch a flight in Czech to Canada...then drive into the US.

If he is lucky he will have one of those really resiliant forms of TB and he will be famous!

Depending on how much time you spend in the confined areas with him will decide if you get it or not. I've been around a lot of people with TB and have never caught it.

Potato.jpg

I thought I had TB when I came back from afghanistan.

They gave me the test and the newbie nurse gave me a false diagnosis.

They made me sweat for an hour or so before I could get a more experienced nurse to look at it.

hey told me that even if I had it, it's curable but I'd be on meds for 9 months or so.

Edit: ok, so redwood beat me to it.

You are a fuckin hippy.

If it was good enough for Doc Holliday, it's good enough for you, Nancy Boy.

no srsly don't die. :sick:

Back