Anyone here mod their Xbox360 to play burned games?

Anti-Lyfe

Veteran X
I saw the video on how to do it.

Has anyone successfully done it?
Is the risk of being banned from LIVE real? Anyone ever experience that or heard? If you get banned, can you just buy another $20 Gold membership and resign up?

Mass effect, Assassins Creed, Army of Two = close to $200

It's a good time to mod...but I need more info on it

after the spring update bans a new firmware was released. im modded and still on live, wsup~

only thing you have to worry about is big updates. if one is released just dont download it until it's been confirmed safe or a new firmware is released.

Once you're banned from XBL for modding or whatever, the account AND the X-Box itself are banned I believe.

when you turn the xbox on, does it require an xbl account? and would they share that account with other xboxes you own?

Once you're banned from XBL for modding or whatever, the account AND the X-Box itself are banned I believe.

nah they can't do that anymore

a lot of people called up xbox saying its illegal to do that because their friends used their accounts on their modded xbox or some shit.

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to. If you give your friend access to your account, you are giving him permission and you are responsible for it. Afaik they can still do this and continue to do so.

do you know if there is an off switch. I know when I modded my xbox there was an off switch that would disable it.

most people have it softmodded, meaning they change a bunch of wires and hack the firmware for the dvd, if you have a mod chip that can go back to the original firmware on a switch and vice versa this is possible.

most people have it softmodded, meaning they change a bunch of wires and hack the firmware for the dvd, if you have a mod chip that can go back to the original firmware on a switch and vice versa this is possible.

There are no such mods for the 360 currently. Modding a 360 requires connecting the dvd drive to a sata card in a pc and flashing the firmware of the dvd drive. Once it's flashed it stays that way until the process is reversed. There is no off/on switch.

I've been running modded on xblive since February.

There are no such mods for the 360 currently. Modding a 360 requires connecting the dvd drive to a sata card in a pc and flashing the firmware of the dvd drive. Once it's flashed it stays that way until the process is reversed. There is no off/on switch.

see my post/link.... On off switch....

360neswitches.jpg

see my post/link.... On off switch....

All that does is provide an external connection to the SATA port on the dvd drive so you don't have to take the case apart any time there's a firmware update and you want to update or revert the firmware on the DVD drive.

It does not revert/disable the hacked firmware to the original via the switch.

What Jungle Fish was referring to was mods for the original xbox that were chip mods that could be turned on or off with a switch to go between modded and non modded modes. The device you mention does not do that.

isn't that what ai just said, intill there is a chip that does it for you (i swear i seen unflashed chips you have to do yourself with your original)

Back