[SO] I'm bringing back the Open Bar [TW weekly broadcast w/ call ins]

Breaker

Veteran XV
For those of you who remember the Open Bar .. and for those who don't.

It was a show that once aired weekly on one of the two affiliates that covered the competitive side of tribes (yes this site was about a video game at one point).

The Open Bar was a call-in / interview show with guests from the Tribalwar/IRC community. I occasionally co-hosted this show with the likes of Pubknight and Coldshot.

After the TsN and WSBN days I later went on to do "real" traditional broadcasting and was in the "biz?" for a couple of years. However, after receiving countless and countless terrible scripts and background music to do commercial work with ... extremely sick but wasn't allowed a day off...I got fed up and re-wrote a script to air this :

Steeles Event Radio - 60 second spot

I was caught and arguments ensued and even though I pleaded that this was good publicity for our sponsor .. I was consequently fired.

However I've always had a passion for broadcasting. I miss it and so after some recent posts and monitoring some threads it hit me....

Despite the differences and alliances between TsN and WSBN, a majority of us miss the fact that we had a broadcasting element at one point. With the rise of "Podcasts" and personalized content... a "Tribal war" Podcast needs to be made.

I've given it some though and I'm ready to bring back the "Open Bar".
I'm sure not everyone cares or is interested .. but I know some people are and that's enough to fill my aspirations to get back on the microphone again.

I have talked with Rayn privately and have received permission to make this a "Tribalwar" branded product. Meaning that (depending on how this thread goes) could become a weekly Podcast with news brought to you by TribalWar. Maybe a new name? Open Bar is kinda dated.. blah blah blah, lots of stuff to figure out.

However.. even if I get 5 listeners on the first night it will be enough motivation and fun for me to continue my career as a online broadcaster.

The shows will be structured with hopefully good content. I would like to center it around you.. this community.. so obviously I will have a "Call-In" system Via Skype setup. I'm thinking of having it on Friday nights from 8 to 10EST or possibly 9 to 11EST... I don't know, whats best for your schedule?

Reguardless, I'm interested in seeing where this thread goes. I'm going to do a few shows regardless and more solid details will be posted this week as soon as I handle a few things. Namely finding a reliable and powerful hosting service for the shoutcast server (if you can help! I'd love it).

Thanks for your time and I hope you tune in.
Oldschool pic of Coldshot and I
coldy-n-me.jpg

Cliffs

- Bringing back the Open Bar
- Wasup

Last edited:
Back