[Help] I keep disconnecting from Bnet.

dooster

Veteran X
This summer my roommate got me playing SC with him once and while. Everything was fine and dandy until I moved into my new apartment on campus with a new router. Now whenever I'm playing I'll either have trouble connecting to otherwise good games, trouble making games and or will sporadically disconnect in the middle of a game.

I have a netgear wireless router CG814wgv2 given to me by Charter Cable. I opened port 6112 (the port for SC according to Blizzard) for both UDP and TCIP but I STILL disconnect! I'll be 10 minutes into a game and then BAM, I'm dropped. Not only does it piss me off but I'm sure it pisses the HELL out of the other players in the game. I'm not losing internet connection (because I am just sent right back into Bnet and I can open web pages when I alt tab) so I don't know what in the world is making me drop. I read some where on the internets that I need to have a "static" IP (I am using dynamic right now) or something like that for the whole port forwarding thing to work but I don't know if that's the real problem.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. This problem is unbelievably frustrating and I know it's fixable. Thanks ahead of time.

Last edited:
You actually have to physically go to the router and use a screw driver to pop off one of the tabs on the back that is covering the port.

Report back here when it's done.

The ports will be numbered 1-65535, VERY SMALL, you will need a magnifying glass.

search on google for netgear router open ports

you can log onto your router from a browser. you will probably have to type in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or whatever in the address bar depending on the maker of your router.

edit: also i think bnet ports are 6112 through 6120. not too sure. google that too.

Thanks winterfresh, I opened the 6112 port but I still keep disconnecting from games. If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Back