[iPhone] Is it actually worth it?

spydur

Veteran XV
I am considering the iphone, but I just wanted to get some input outside of article reviews of customers that have actually used it. Now that it is $200 off, I am curious if it actually warrants the still pretty steep pricetag.

I have it, I like it. I wouldn't recommend it if your switching providers for it. Coverage is great, although I live close to NYC so coverage has to be good for every provider there.

My only complaints are slow non 3G network, but I'm usually around WiFi all the time and the basic ringtones suck.

Why would you get an iphone when the ipod touch has unlocked wifi?

Buy a good phone, then buy an ipod.

Congrats, you're smarter then EVERYONE that bought an iphone!

I have had my iPhone for over 2 months now and still love it. IMO worth every penny especially seeing the 8 gig models are now $399

Buy a good phone, then buy an ipod.

Congrats, you're smarter then EVERYONE that bought an iphone!

Actually this combo works better for me at work. I can listen to music and if the phone rings its all in one device. I have carrying a lot of shit around with me.

I have had my iPhone for over 2 months now and still love it. IMO worth every penny especially seeing the 8 gig models are now $399

weird the other day i was on the apple website and it said the 8gb was now 299 and the 16gb was going to be 399

what's best for wifi browsing right now? Is there a phone that does that well or the new ipod touch?

I've got both a PocketPC phone and an iPhone.

iPhone pros:The browser on the iphone seems to work with more web sites than the Pocketpc. In a wifi environment, the web pages render faster. It has Javascript. The screen is bigger than all currently offered PocketPCs.

PocketPC pros: (if you use MultiIE) can load multiple web pages at the same time. If you're in a poor reception area you can turn graphics off to speed up load time and reduce RAM consumption. Increasing the text size, works much better than the iPhone. As well, the Opera browser is available, although on my older PocketPC it didn't run reliably enough for me to use it.

For me, the iPhone is the winner. I've been quite happy with it. Now, if I could just remember how to make iTunes load shit on it, I'd be really happy. The goddamn system is so baroque it makes me want to kill.

Have an iPhone, worth it. Ignore the nay sayers. The Edge network is fast enough while on the road. I surf while waiting in line, check my web cameras while driving on the turnpike, have all my contacts loaded, check stock quotes.

If you're hung up over 3G you could wait to see if they come out with the new version. They're supposed to announce what will happen in the UK on Tuesday. It's going to be a huge day because Apple is having the UK press conference, and Ben Bernanke will cut interest rates. The question is whether he'll cut rates by 25 basis points or 50. There are rumors Apple will talk about a 3G phone for the UK, but right now that's just rumors.

The iPhone is great because it has everything you need in one device. Yes, the clones might be better in other areas, but no one talks about the negatives of them. So you hear a bunch of nay sayer chatter. I like the iPhone and I'm ok with paying $600 bucks for it. I will get $100 back which I'll use for a new iMac when Leopard comes out. And everyone can get over the geek stereotype of Apple products. People are buying them because they work.

Back