fuck activision

Activision has announced that the Xbox 360 version of Tony Hawk's latest magical skateboard adventure will ship on October 9th with a five song demo of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. The same demo will be hitting Xbox Live two weeks later, but 14 days sure is a lot of missed practice time, isn't it?

The demo will take place on the Desert Rock Tour stage and will include the floowing tracks:

Lay Down (by Priestess)
Even Flow (by Pearl Jam)
The Metal (by Tenacious D)
Hit Me with your Best Shot (as made famous by Pat Benatar)
Rock You like a Hurricane (as made famous by Scorpions)

you want a guitar hero III demo? then buy this $60 game that no one wants. or wait two weeks. idk, im weak.

the great thing about the whole harmonix/redoctane thing (gh1, gh2) was it was a small company. they weren't trying to push rehashed shit like tony hawk down your throat.

GH3 was "bought out" basically. hm. its like EA buying tribes and adding "ea trax" and adding "super jetpack powerboosters" to the skiing routes. picture an arcadey tribes. I think thats what gh3 will be, an arcadey gh2.

Rock band is the true successor by the original devs but is a $200 game. hm.

so is there a reason that rock band is $200 and we apparently can't buy just the game and whatever accessories we want seperate or just use the gh controller?

no rock band is $60 but you only get to play the guitar game (providing you have a gh2 guitar)

if you want to do the drums (i do) or sing (i dont) its extra for a total of $200

no rock band is $60 but you only get to play the guitar game (providing you have a gh2 guitar)

if you want to do the drums (i do) or sing (i dont) its extra for a total of $200

so is it actually a seperate piece of software that lets you play drums and it also comes with the drum kit, or can you theoretically play the drums on the $60 version with a drum controller acquired elsewhere.

basically, why aren't they selling the controllers seperate?

so is it actually a seperate piece of software that lets you play drums and it also comes with the drum kit, or can you theoretically play the drums on the $60 version with a drum controller acquired elsewhere.

basically, why aren't they selling the controllers seperate?

well i imagine they're selling the whole shitload of accessories+game for $200ish

and then each thing separately (e.g. you can buy each "instrument" seperate + the game alone)

yeah because the tony hawk franchise is a total failure.. oh wait.. you are full of shit again

from what i've played of the skate demo, it rips tony hawk a new one.

tony hawk hasn't been fun since it started being "tony hawk: watch me do half hour grinds because thats the only way to get a high score"

from what i've played of the skate demo, it rips tony hawk a new one.

tony hawk hasn't been fun since it started being "tony hawk: watch me do half hour grinds because thats the only way to get a high score"

you forget the market, his name sold and it still sells, if you want to front a beta thats the platform

now the buy crackdown(weak game) and get the halo3 beta I can understand bitching about.. but not this.. not even in the same league

crackdown was surprisingly good. I dont hold out much hope for TH. I havent played one since thps3. they seem to cater to the 13 year old faggot demographic.

i probably wont buy skate because of the voiceovers.

"man, that was sick!"

"sick!"

"that was sick! but.."

"totally tubular"

ok i made that last one up but the dialogue is pretty sick

you want a guitar hero III demo? then buy this $60 game that no one wants. or wait two weeks. idk, im weak.

the great thing about the whole harmonix/redoctane thing (gh1, gh2) was it was a small company. they weren't trying to push rehashed shit like tony hawk down your throat.

GH3 was "bought out" basically. hm. its like EA buying tribes and adding "ea trax" and adding "super jetpack powerboosters" to the skiing routes. picture an arcadey tribes. I think thats what gh3 will be, an arcadey gh2.

Rock band is the true successor by the original devs but is a $200 game. hm.
Or just get the demo in the xbox magazine...

Pretty sure i read somewhere that the demo will also be in the mag, just like the GH2 demo was for ps2 in the PS magazine.

They aren't "forcing" anything down your throat. No one is making you play a demo, let alone buy a tony hawk game.

kotaku says its thps only. who am i to doubt a blog?

They aren't "forcing" anything down your throat.

if i want to play a demo i have to buy a game.. why is this accepted with console titles? imagine if you had to buy "the sims: nightlife" to get the bioshock demo?

if i want to play a demo i have to buy a game.. why is this accepted with console titles? imagine if you had to buy "the sims: nightlife" to get the bioshock demo?

Incorrect. If you want to get the demo 2 weeks early, you need to buy the game. If you just want the demo, wait 2 weeks and get it off Live. It's not forcing you to do jack shit unless you're so pathetic you can't wait 2 weeks to play 5 songs in a series of games that the singleplayer DOESN'T change in.

It's still a baseless argument. Even if i had to buy sims nightlife to play bioshock demo, only someone extremely lonely and bored would want to whine about that.

It's a demo. It's a bonus for the people who want the Tony Hawk game. It's not there for you to buy the Demo and then oh yeah you get a Tony Hawk game to.

One place where your argument would be valid was Crackdown though. I know a lot of people bought Crackdown just to get into halo 3 beta. But at least crackdown was a bad ass game anyways.

It's still a baseless argument. Even if i had to buy sims nightlife to play bioshock demo, only someone extremely lonely and bored would want to whine about that.

It's a demo. It's a bonus for the people who want the Tony Hawk game. It's not there for you to buy the Demo and then oh yeah you get a Tony Hawk game to.

One place where your argument would be valid was Crackdown though. I know a lot of people bought Crackdown just to get into halo 3 beta. But at least crackdown was a bad ass game anyways.

more valid for crackdown, as I don't recall another guaranteed way into the beta.

I think Konami did this with Zone of the Enders and a Metal Gear Solid 2 demo. I remember being like the only person I know (out of the 10 people I knew who grabbed Z.o.E.) who bout it for Zone and not the MGS2 demo.

Back