I hate it when you get stuck while reading

Wyrm

Contributor
Veteran XX
:ugh: It almost always happens to me when I'm reading a book. I ALWAYS seem to find some section that I just can't bring myself to read. Currently, I'm reading Atlas Shrugged. There's some kind of ~40 page speech in this book and I just can't read it. I've tried three or four times and I just can't seem to drag myself through it. :mecry: :mad:

What about when you are reading a book and you read like 2 pages and say to yourself..."wtf did I just read?" "I read it yet my mind was elsewhere." Then you read it again and do the same fucking thing.

What about when you are reading a book and you read like 2 pages and say to yourself..."wtf did I just read?" "I read it yet my mind was elsewhere." Then you read it again and do the same fucking thing.

That just means you're retarded.

:ugh: It almost always happens to me when I'm reading a book. I ALWAYS seem to find some section that I just can't bring myself to read. Currently, I'm reading Atlas Shrugged. There's some kind of ~40 page speech in this book and I just can't read it. I've tried three or four times and I just can't seem to drag myself through it. :mecry: :mad:

Just skip it, you should have already caught on to all of Rand's principles, and the speach is just a 'short' recap of them. Or you could be glad that you got stuck, because the rest of the book sucks.

Just skip it, you should have already caught on to all of Rand's principles, and the speach is just a 'short' recap of them. Or you could be glad that you got stuck, because the rest of the book sucks.

:lol: I might just pass over it. I kept trying to reading it thinking "Good God man...this is the exact same stuff I've been hearing the entire time. Why must it all be summed up in this giant speech?"

No.... It means I can multi-task.

Fucking mebers.

No. Obviously you can't multitask otherwise you would have understood and absorbed what you had just read as well as been able to think about whatever else you were thinking about.

Fucking vet^4s.

thats never happened to me

sometimes i start thinking about something else but my eyes keep going line by line and like a minute later i realize that i didnt read the last page at all and have to go back

Atlas Shrugged? How the fuck did you even open the book and not fall asleep?

:lol: It was all I had on me. I was on a long flight and I needed something to do besides watch "Are we there yet" on the screen. By the time we landed, I was far enough into it to not want to have wasted my time. It's pretty good once you get going in it.

:lol: It was all I had on me. I was on a long flight and I needed something to do besides watch "Are we there yet" on the screen. By the time we landed, I was far enough into it to not want to have wasted my time. It's pretty good once you get going in it.

I once started reading that book to do the whole scholarship thing and write a paper. Well that lasted for the first hundred pages and then I was like fuck this. Its just not up my alley.

By the by for people who haven't hefted this book aloft and tried to read it, its some 1,000 pages. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I once started reading that book to do the whole scholarship thing and write a paper. Well that lasted for the first hundred pages and then I was like fuck this. Its just not up my alley.

By the by for people who haven't hefted this book aloft and tried to read it, its some 1,000 pages. Correct me if I'm wrong.

:rofl: That's how I got the book. When I was in high school, my dad got it for me and told me to read it and win the scholarship. I did the same thing you did. Years later, I still had it on my bookshelf and decided to take it with me on the trip in case I got desperate.

DUDE, i go through that SAME EXACT PROBLEM at the SAME FUCKING SPEECH.

good book tho

Some of the stuff in this book really bothers me. I'm not sure if all of Ayn Rand's stuff is this way but here are the types of conversations that bother me:
"What are you doing here?" Man A said.
Man b, mockingly smiled and replied, "That's for you to find out."
"What's your name?" Man A answered back with a mocking smile.
"That's a personal matter," Man B answered with a subtle smile and a bit of mockery on his face.
Man A smiled mockingly, detecting the mockery in Man B's tone.

I think I've had all the mocking and misplaced smiles that I can tolerate.
edit: and unanswered questions. If people talked to me the way they talk in that book, I would kick the hell out of them.

how about when you get stuck reading the same paragraph over and over for like 10 minutes then you are suddenly like what the fuck is going on

Back