what other common words fit this category

where two different spellings mean the exact same thing

its similar to color / colour, as in American vs British spelling

in this case gray is the American spelling, grey is British

thats my understanding anyway

i just thought about this

what other common words fit this category

where two different spellings mean the exact same thing
Do you seriously not know the difference between American and British spelling? This is really something new for you?

i always use grey when i'm referring to the color

i just like the way it looks better

i don't add extra U's to words that don't' need it like limey idiots though

Do you seriously not know the difference between American and British spelling? This is really something new for you?

ive never been to britain but ive seen towne/town color/colour but have never thought grey/gray was in that category

sorry if ive let you downe kuryami

color & colour
neighbor & neighbour
harbor & harbour
armor & armour

And if it's strictly different spelling meaning the same, you might add:

lorry & truck
bollocks & bullshit
loo & crapper

I have know a guy who knows a guy that couldn't play everquest because it wouldn't respond to "Oh please tell me about this suit of armour", you had to use the american spelling.

Historically, flammable and inflammable mean the same thing. However, the presence of the prefix in– has misled many people into assuming that inflammable means “not flammable” or “noncombustible.” The prefix –in in inflammable is not, however, the Latin negative prefix –in, which is related to the English –un and appears in such words as indecent and inglorious. Rather, this –in is an intensive prefix derived from the Latin preposition in. This prefix also appears in the word enflame. But many people are not aware of this derivation, and for clarity's sake it is advisable to use only flammable to give warnings.

Back