[Halp] Class Waitlist

jayvee

Veteran X
So after registration i've been on the waitlist for my english class which i highly doubt anybody will drop and also a history class. Can't drop classes now and I'm still not in them... How do yall usually go about the waitlist deal if you don't get moved into the class prior to the first semester?

there's still a chance for spots to open up after school starts, but i'd just register for some other classes

How is there a wait list for an English class?

And there isn't a drop/add period?

The english classes have 25 slots each and i'm #1/5 on the waitlist for one of the classes but most have people waiting. As for my history class i can just drop and find another bullshit class if i have to...

is this your last qtr/semester before graduation or something? Can't you find some other class you'll have to have this year and sign up for that one instead? Then just sign up earlier for the english class next time.

Anyway to answer your question. Sit in on any class, 9 times out of 10 you will get a spot in said class. At SJSU they give you numbers they enter at MYSJSU.

Do you two, Kmz and Jayvee, live in Campus Village?

Nah we live on the south side, I'm not planning on staying on campus. Went to Branham High live next to it.

Edit: Now if I don't get a spot in this class I get fucked over with 2-3 classes, or is it possible to still get in another open class at that point without a drop penalty?

Last edited:
best bet is generally to show up to the first class and talk to the teach

let them know you are first on the waitlist and ask if they can give you a special add code

in my experience at UCLA (which was a super crowded school) they profs or TA's were usually cool if you showed up and acted interested

what are you a freshman?

waitlists are called waitlists because you wait to get off them

so wait, faggot

if you want to get in make sure you don't go to class though because the profs just get annoyed when you take seats from registered students so try not to even attend a class until around the end of the drop/add deadline

Back