[quick] whats better to get at this point ps2 or xbox

ok then iwould say xbox

u can mod it to do all the media center stuff..

halo..the gtas are on it..etc

look i dont know anything about consoles but i want one from the last generation as a diversion. i dont want it for anything except games. also i prefer sports games

look i dont know anything about consoles but i want one from the last generation as a diversion. i dont want it for anything except games. also i prefer sports games

i gave you a serious answer

SURELY MORE THAN 1 PERSON CAN OFFER SERIOUS ADVICE I PUT [QUICK] IN THE TITLE SO U WOULD UNDERSTAND

edit: i know u did veor but i need a consensus here. is the xbox generally accepted to be better than the ps2? u wouldd think after like 5 years they'd know who won.

i mean ps2 has some straight games but im sayin u can mod the xbox to do lots of sweet stuff. ie you can stream videos to it from your pc..play divx xvid..downloaded xbox games..

ps2

why the fuck would you get an xbox to mod it to play snes when you can just get an emulator on your pc

ps2 e-z

gta, metal gears, gran turismo, sports games etc.

also you can play anything from the ps1

which had a lot of super sweet games

I would buy the ps2. I didn't really find anything much to like in xbox (halo) whereas ps2 had exclusives like socom, metal gear solid and others.

On the other hand, alot of sports games come for both consoles. So if thats all you want, then just get the one that has better graphics. (xbox)

yeah i'm probably not going to be doing any modding

my favorite game is SSX tricky but i can get that for both

i assume madden comes on both too

also, you can mod the ps2 with a fliptop + swapmagic for $50 and download all the ps2 games you want

Both are pretty good. The PS2 certainly has some serious contenders on the games front though, including (but absolutely not limited to):

Shadow of the Colossus
God of War I and II
Katamari Damacy
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3
Ico
Kingdom Hearts I and II
Ace Combat 0
Guitar Hero I and II
Resident Evil 4
Grand Theft Auto series

A lot of the PS2 games tend to be a distinctly different flavour to what defined the Xbox though, so really I'd look at the classics for both and see what draws you more. If it were me making the decision, I'd leap at the PS2 like an AIDS victim at the cure for his affliction.

oh if you arent oging to mod it then yeah id get the ps2. it was an ok system

and i really didnt like the original xbox controllers

Back