[So] Which 1080p HDMI1.3 LCD TV should I buy?

Kiint

Contributor
Veteran XX
I value the opinion of Tribalwar posters so I decided I would ask them for the advice.

Except Westinghouse (pre-emptive :fu: to posters suggesting Westinghouse only because I said "Except Westinghouse")

I know Sony's W1300 series is HDMI1.3 and 1080p but they wont be available till mid Sept at the earliest.

Go my pretties ... FLY.

By the sounds of it a Westinghouse is exactly what you are looking for.

PS. Is there an advantage to 1.3 at this point or before you would be looking to upgrade anyways?

what benefit does HDMI 1.3 do for the TV? I know it can do TrueHD but that has nothing to do with the tv

Double the bandwidth of HDMI below 1.3 48 bit colour, lipsync, etc ... heaps of differences. Also add DTS-HD to the list (more important for me since my Onkyo 705 reciever on order has DTS-HD)

Get the one that makes you somewhat less of a prick Aussie faggot. I know it's impossible to completely undo your epic faggotry, but there should be a model out there somewhere that reduces it.

Double the bandwidth of HDMI below 1.3 48 bit colour, lipsync, etc ... heaps of differences.
Does anything actually DO 48 bit colour?

Also add DTS-HD to the list (more important for me since my Onkyo 705 reciever on order has DTS-HD)
That still has nothing to do with your TV if I'm not mistaken.

Does anything actually DO 48 bit colour?

That still has nothing to do with your TV if I'm not mistaken.

PS3 hardware can do 48bit colour, its up to the game developers to implement it. No, I dont know if there are any games doing 48bit colour yet. While the audio isnt critical for the TV, its critical for the overall implementation. I have a 1.3 reciever on order, and I would prefer a 1.3 display to suit so I am not totally wasting my money.

Yes, the PS3 is full 1080p not 720p as mentioned earlier (like the Xbox 360 gayness)

I don't think you need a 1.3 display to take advantage of having your 1.3 receiver. Again, assuming I'm not mistaken, if your display only does HDMI 1.1 or 1.2, your receiver will fall back to outputting that to the display, but it will still take advantage of the 1.3 that is being input to it from the HD-DVD/Bluray device, so you'll get your HD audio.

Even then, the audio aspect of it isn't that huge.

HDMI 1.3
Released 22 June 2006.[6][7]

Increases single-link bandwidth to 340 MHz (10.2 Gbit/s)
Optionally supports 30-bit, 36-bit, and 48-bit xvYCC with Deep Color or over one billion colors, up from 24-bit sRGB or YCbCr in previous versions.
Incorporates automatic audio syncing (Audio video sync) capability.
Supports output of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio streams for external decoding by AV receivers.[8] TrueHD and DTS-HD are lossless audio codec formats used on HD DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. If the disc player can decode these streams into uncompressed audio, then HDMI 1.3 is not necessary, as all versions of HDMI can transport uncompressed audio.
Availability of a new mini connector for devices such as camcorders.[9]

Last edited:
I dont see why people need tvs anyway... i only have a computer because I use it for work anyway... televisions are only useful for catching the morning news which can be caught with a radio just as good

Wasting time watching tv is for losers who dont work 20 hours a day

I bought the Toshiba HL167 and am very pleased.

I was only upset the VGA input was limited to 1024 so no 1080p xbox360

3 hdmi inputs
I believe 4ms refresh

Hookahs_Group.jpg

Hmm, Samsung's 81 series does look like it will fit the bill ... might have to hunt round to see who is getting them.

Well I picked up my LCD today - LA46M81BDX
1080P 3x HDMI1.3

Its only an 8bit processor but thats OK, all I care about is the fact that blacks look black, the HDMI is v1.3 and the price was perfect.

I have my Onkyo TX-SR705 on order, and will be here when its released (Mid Sept) and my PS3 is in the car waiting for the TV to be delivered home when I can hook it all up.

Thanks for the heads up SilverSpirit.

Back