What's a good verizon wireless phone?

Gil

Veteran XV
My new every 2 (decent discount on a new phone) comes up in october, and I haven't been paying attention to what phones everyone has.

I've heard that the Chocolate is a worthless piece of shit, and I believe it.

I've heard that the Motorola V (precursor to the enV) was a good phone, but I haven't heard about the enV.

I've had an e815 for the past 2 years. I'm not popular, so I use my phone for the utilities (a datebook/planner, alarm clock, calculator, watch, music player, game device, etc) a little more than actually as a phone. So I'm thinking about a smart phone, but they're just so goddamn expensive.

If possible, I want to be able to play mp3s to a bluetooth headset.

Thx for all the bad advice and shit I'm going to receive in this thread, and also for any actual assistance that may inadvertently slip through ;)

I personally really like the EnV....but then again the phone before it was about 2 years old (which I guess is ancient in cell phone terms)

I have the LGVX8600, its really slim and i enjoy it. I had the LG V, the one before the enV for about a year and liked it but it was a little too bulky for me.

my new every two is up in october also. I currently have the first version of the envy whatever it was called, it is too big for my liking and I'd like a small phone also.

8600 is what I have. Its fairly easy to use for everything you listed with the added bonus of looking really nice and not being a slim phone thats not a razr or krzr or whatever zr they're on now.

get the env, if not for the amazing text features, for the clarity and loudness of it. it is superior in terms of audio quality to almost everything else verizon has at it's disposal

latest blackberry man, especially if you use the calendaring and all that jazz

I was really thinking about this. They just seem really expensive. They do have a web browser, but I'd have to pay more for service for that. I'm not nixing the phone, but smart phones are lower on the list because of price.

get the env, if not for the amazing text features, for the clarity and loudness of it. it is superior in terms of audio quality to almost everything else verizon has at it's disposal

I would, but I don't txt very often, and I don't call/get called much. I have a bluetooth headset so I wouldn't be holding a phone to my head often, anyway.

Besides...
I have the LGVX8600, its really slim and i enjoy it. I had the LG V, the one before the enV for about a year and liked it but it was a little too bulky for me.

8600 is what I have. Its fairly easy to use for everything you listed with the added bonus of looking really nice and not being a slim phone thats not a razr or krzr or whatever zr they're on now.

I hate trends, so I'm trying to stay away from the razr and krzr deal. The 8600 is the skinny one with a metal case, right? I saw that and liked it. If it takes a transflash (microsd) card, plays mp3s and videos, it'll definitely be an option.

I was really thinking about this. They just seem really expensive. They do have a web browser, but I'd have to pay more for service for that. I'm not nixing the phone, but smart phones are lower on the list because of price.

I would, but I don't txt very often, and I don't call/get called much. I have a bluetooth headset so I wouldn't be holding a phone to my head often, anyway.

Besides...

I hate trends, so I'm trying to stay away from the razr and krzr deal. The 8600 is the skinny one with a metal case, right? I saw that and liked it. If it takes a transflash (microsd) card, plays mp3s and videos, it'll definitely be an option.

ok so basically you really didn't want advice. you are like the person in the office who askes what should we order, but when everyone suggests something you counter it till someone says what you were thinking about.

I've got the enV and while it's a damn awesome phone I'm bringing it back because reception is worse than my last phone and occasionally when I watch Vcast videos it will reset when buffering.

oh, and sometimes when I play tetris it will get stuck aiming left.

NOTE TO ALL POTENTIAL PHONE BUYERS:

In the year 2007, all phones have approximately the same reception. While one may be slightly better than another, really it has 99% to do with the strength of your signal and 1% to do with your phone.

Even shitty $40 phones have around the same reception as a $600 phone. Stuff like dropping calls or fuzzy sound or buffering resets on VCast is, in all likelyhood, not your phones fault....

i am looking at the 8600. The 8700 is for pussy faggots.

I have the 8700...

wtfouch :(

It's a nice phone, pricey and some battery issues, but everything else works great. My biggest beef though is that there's no direct headphone jack, and the adapter they give you, besides forcing you to mono, also requires that you buy an additional adapter for most standard size headphone jacks.

This bothers me since I was planning on using the phone as an mp3 player and that's about 4 steps more than I want to take to listen to Basshunter. Other than that, it's awesome. Dunno if the 8600 has any of these issues.

ok so basically you really didn't want advice. you are like the person in the office who askes what should we order, but when everyone suggests something you counter it till someone says what you were thinking about.
what makes you say that?

Went to the verizon kiosk at a mall and they said the blackberry and other phones would cost $45 a month more for service because of how they connect. BS or not, I don't care. I'm not going for a smartphone unless I change service providers.

The LG 8600 is discontinued. The LG 8700 is the only one available new from verizon, and their salesman said the differences were negligible. (8700 has a better camera :rolleyes:) I tried it out, and I believe it will fit my needs a little better than my e815 currently does.

Back