t-499130 Protein Won't Make you Fat - so too much is ok :rolleyes: [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

Protein Won't Make you Fat - so too much is ok :rolleyes:

SL83
07-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Protein Won't Make You Fat: Myth #1 (http://www.bodybuilding-supplement-guide.com/protein-wont-make-you-fat.html)

An interesting read. I don't agree or disagree with it.

Look at all the differing opinions: Protein & Amino Acids- Ask the Dietitian (http://www.dietitian.com/protein.html)

whey protein, FAQs on protein shakes and nutritional supplements for muscle growth and body building (http://www.powersupplements.com/protein.htm)

This is just a post because I am bored and waiting for my chicken to cook.

blazindave
07-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Incoming ptavv *****ing about how he knows everything cause he is insecure.

SL83
07-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Hey dave, naked pics of pizzicato?

ptavv
07-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Excess protein gets turned into glycogen. From there, your body can do whatever it wants to it that it can normally do to glycogen. I've been saying this forever.

:shrug:

blazindave, tell us how much lean muscle mass you gained from just doing pushups again? I keep forgetting...

cancer
07-30-2007, 09:21 PM
well i'd rather have more people informed about the negative effects of protein rather than carbohydrates getting the bad rap just because it is easily converted into glucose.

carbs >>> protein

SL83
07-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Yes. Protein can and will make you fat if you eat too much of it. It comes down to calories afterall.

I would laugh at the dudes drinking 150+ gram protein shakes at night time right before bed. (yeah people really did this) I'll just poop it out if I don't need it! Protein doesn't make you fat!

On a side note, can we stop the flaming guys? It's sorta getting out of hand here. Flame in GD. Here, either be helpful, or just don't say anything. Posting information that disagrees or having a friendly debate is fine, but let's try to be civil about it at least.

cancer
07-30-2007, 09:34 PM
tw would be boring without egos :(

SL83
07-30-2007, 09:36 PM
A little poking and prodding is fun. I've done it myself. But when it gets really out of hand it kinda ruins the spirit of this sub forum.

Duke Of Wellington
08-01-2007, 08:05 AM
A little poking and prodding is fun. I've done it myself. But when it gets really out of hand it kinda ruins the spirit of this sub forum.

ayz
08-01-2007, 09:02 AM
4NfkH3Q4JOQ

hey look it's blazindave

KillFace
08-01-2007, 02:58 PM
I take a protein shake before bed. The one day I didn't sleep after a workout I noticed the difference. I'm sure my body uses up whatever the hell I put in it since I do my best to work it to death. That being said, I still have trouble gaining weight (129 pounds tops - been as low as 123 recently for about a month before I switched to Muscle Juice 2544).

slut
08-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I used to take whey protein shakes right before bed. I felt they worked really well especially after working out really hard. My chest got huge from what it was. I almost made it to the 300 club. :(

ptavv
08-01-2007, 03:10 PM
That's because you're not getting enough calories, not because you're not getting enough protein.

Ray
08-01-2007, 03:42 PM
4NfkH3Q4JOQ

hey look it's blazindave

lol

slut
08-01-2007, 03:47 PM
That's because you're not getting enough calories, not because you're not getting enough protein.

i was eating everything at the time. Lots of carbs and proteins. Im sure i was getting enough calories. Im just saying, i could feel the difference when i had a whey protein shake at night.

ptavv
08-01-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm pretty sure you'd feel a similar difference if you had a yogurt smoothie before bed.

The important thing that's making you feel different is that you're ingesting a bunch of calories right before bed, not that you're ingesting a bunch of protein (although protein right before bed is a good idea since your body does lots of muscle repair/maintence while you sleep).

mr_luc
08-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Hey, this is as civil as we're going to get.

For reasons I can't quite articulate, I knew for a fact that a TW Fitness subforum might be less than polite.

I don't think it necessarily makes it less functional, though.