Digital Drum Tracks

Quiksilver

Veteran X
Being that im a poor college student, having real drums is out of the issue, so im wondering what you guys use for tracking drums. Ive only really fooled around with Fruity Loops. I was wondering if anyone could recommend something for me to get into that might be easier to blend with Adobe Audition.

Maybe a plugin (VST or DX)? or another program?

Fruity loops is just kind of annoying and average.

Drum Samplers and sample sets:
If you want "Real" sounding drums and know a thing or too about programing them, AND mixing - Toontrack Drum Kit From Hell SUPERIOR is your best bet... (need a REAL hefty machine to run it, I barely get around with my current setup)

If you want "Real" sounding drums, know a thing or too about programming them, and don't have mixing knowhow - EZdrummer is your best bet.

If you don't need real sounding drums and like electronic etc, maybe try Native Instruments Battery.

You're going to need a midi sequencer as well, Audition doesn't have one as far as I know, It's more of a audio tracker...

I personally use Ableton Live now with DKFH, a bunch of free sample sets, and VSTi instruments... it's really changed the way I make music.

Last edited:
I've tried them all - BFD, Drumkit From Hell, ezdrummer, Battery, etc.
By far the best program I've found is XLN Addictive Drums. It's sorta like ezdrummer, except uses MUCH less CPU/RAM and has a slightly better interface with more tweaking options. I used Addictive in our recent collective song if you want a sample of it's quality. I threw that sequence together in about 6 minutes.

Back