Anybodys xbox 360 in the shop?

friends elite wont play original xbox games

best buy wouldn't touch it and told him if he mailed it into MS he wouldn't see it for 6-8 weeks

mine is still going strong

i did get the 3 red lights of doom once though; but all i did was unplug it, plug it back in and all gooooood

although it is suffering from loneliness since i got the Wii...

I'm shipping my out today. I bought a second one from walmart to borrow till mine gets back, and wouldn't you know it the new one just got 3 red lights.

bestbuy prp = golden!
it's a piece of shit

If you read the actual PRP packet, it says "don't return your item to the store" - you have to ship it off just like you would with the Microsoft warranty..so there is no point in even getting it. At least Microsoft will give you a refurb with the new gpu heatsink (my elite already has it, woot)

People say some Best Buy's allow you to just bring it back and exchange it, but that's not how it's supposed to work. Booklet clearly says you have to ship it to best buy and they send you a giftcard for equal amount.

People say some Best Buy's allow you to just bring it back and exchange it, but that's not how it's supposed to work.

Correct, but they sometimes will let you get away with it.

When my 360 started freezing, I boxed it up and drove it to BB. They told me to grab a new one off the shelf and gave me no problems at all. I was back home with a brand new one in under an hour. I didn't even remember to put all the stuff back in it like the headset and they didn't even bother to check.

Much better than mailing it back and waiting months only to get a refurbished piece of crap back.

Correct, but they sometimes will let you get away with it.

When my 360 started freezing, I boxed it up and drove it to BB. They told me to grab a new one off the shelf and gave me no problems at all. I was back home with a brand new one in under an hour. I didn't even remember to put all the stuff back in it like the headset and they didn't even bother to check.

Much better than mailing it back and waiting months only to get a refurbished piece of crap back.
I have the elite though, which is hardly ever on shelves anyway - so still debating if the prp would even be worth it. I still have like 20 days to decided though. I was just turned off when i read the actual packet and saw that they expect you to ship it out and get a giftcard...how is that a replacement plan?

Waiting to get the box to ship it off in. After that I was told it would be 4-6 weeks, but the Microsoft lady said "Although it's often a lot quicker than that". I'm sure they say 4-6 weeks just to cover their ass. Guess I'll have to play my PS2 for awhile.

Not sure about the Elites, they are tough to find. Actually when I exchanged my premium it was the last on the shelf. Still, I'd take the giftcard deal rather than wait for something to come back from MS. They should give you a giftcard right in the store too. Even then if they are out of stock, you can go online and buy a new one and have it shipped in a few days. The Elites are supposed to become the new premium anyway, so by the time yours breaks they should be available.

Plus, the big difference is with MS you are only getting a refurbished 360, not a new one. These things are not the most reliable in the world, and you stand a much better chance with a new one.

Waiting to get the box to ship it off in. After that I was told it would be 4-6 weeks, but the Microsoft lady said "Although it's often a lot quicker than that". I'm sure they say 4-6 weeks just to cover their ass. Guess I'll have to play my PS2 for awhile.

You could go outside.

4-6 weeks sounds optimistic to me. Guy here at work had his die on him last week, and he called india and they told him they had a 3 month backlog for repairs.

Back