t-496988 Eating more [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

Eating more

Hells Horses
07-15-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm almost 100% certain that my caloric intake isn't enough by a long shot. I haven't taken the time to add it up, but I would estimate that I fall short by probably around 1,000 to 2,000 calories per day (guesstimating that I use about 3,500 - 4,000 per day). I eat pretty healthy - salmon, turkey, tuna, a little steak here and there, chicken breast, lots of salad, fruits, vegetables. But I just don't have the appetite to eat more that I already do, and I know this will end up being a problem within no time at all.

Any of you guys who are already in good shape have this problem, and how would I go about remedying this?

BeLiaL
07-15-2007, 09:52 AM
If you're full and it's time to eat, you just have to sack up and do it.... there's no magic trick

If you're eating a lot of fats and low-glycemic carbs, try eating less fats and more high-glycemic carbs so that you digest your food quicker.

Rayn
07-15-2007, 04:45 PM
If you start eating 5-6 smaller meals a day, you'll be able to eat. Just split it up and when your body adjusts ... you'll become a 'grazer' ... always eating little bits for maximum anabolism. After I switched to this eating schedule for a bit, I found I was hungry when the time to eat came. It's always easier to digest smaller meals, and the body learns when to expect more food.

If you're a hard gainer and it seems like you need more calories, **** man, do some dirty bulking. Throw a double cheeseburger in there.

I know what people say, but quite honestly, a calorie is a calorie when you're trying to build muscle. If you already have a strong, nutritious diet going on and you just can't put on weight cause you're limited by calories, throw just a little junk food in there. It's better to have too many calories than too little.

Or take shots of olive oil.

BeLiaL
07-15-2007, 04:48 PM
If you don't mind gaining some fat along with your muscle, then dirty bulking is fine.

Gizmo
07-15-2007, 04:54 PM
If you start eating 5-6 smaller meals a day, you'll be able to eat. Just split it up and when your body adjusts ... you'll become a 'grazer' ... always eating little bits for maximum anabolism. After I switched to this eating schedule for a bit, I found I was hungry when the time to eat came. It's always easier to digest smaller meals, and the body learns when to expect more food.

If you're a hard gainer and it seems like you need more calories, **** man, do some dirty bulking. Throw a double cheeseburger in there.

I know what people say, but quite honestly, a calorie is a calorie when you're trying to build muscle. If you already have a strong, nutritious diet going on and you just can't put on weight cause you're limited by calories, throw just a little junk food in there. It's better to have too many calories than too little.

Or take shots of olive oil.

once a week me and my roomate would go to mcdonalds/cici's pizza/burger king and get either tons of $1 cheeseburgers or go nuts on the buffet pizza.

dirty bulk was definately the fastest way to get me over a plateau (was stick at 150-155 range for a long time and it pushed me up over 160, yeah, not a lot to some of you but for me it was a big step and a noticeable difference)

Anyways it worked for me, having something liek that for the extra calories every once in a while isnt going to immediately put a spare tire around your waist :) have some fun with your diet every once in a while, as long as your sticking to it and still working out, youll benefit more from the junk food then be hurt by it.

PoorDoggy
07-15-2007, 05:05 PM
I feel your pain. I feel like I'm eating constantly but I can't put down 700 calories every few hours to get to a number like 3500. Once I'm not so strapped for cash I think I'm going to invest in something like Muscle Milk or Cytogainer, hopefully a 700 calorie drink will be easier to put down than a plate of food.

That said, I've still gained about 10 pounds in a little over a month, so I'm gaining, just slowly.

Nemanach
07-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is what did it for me.

I eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast, leftovers from the night before 3 hours later or so, then I eat 3 peanut butter & jelly sammiches over the next 5 hours or so. Then I get home and make dinner which is usually spagetti or something like that which I eat twice that night.

Then on nights I work out (every other day or so) I drink a muscle milk shake before and after I work out.

Also I started drinking whole milk. When I am at home I only drink milk, beer or juice.

I have gained about 10 lbs from this diet in the past month or so. Some of which has been fat obviously but I have gained a noticeable amount of muscle too.

Big Monkey
07-16-2007, 07:43 PM
You can always drink some extra calories.

There are shakes you can easily make to add calories like crazy. Drink those in between meals and you can easily add as many calories as you like.

For example, you can use ingredients like natural peanut butter, cottage cheese, and some chocolate milk to make a calorie rich shake. Blend in some strawberries or blueberries, or even veggies like broccoli or spinach and you've got yourself a great tasting way to add some easy calories. If you don't want peanut butter for fat, just add in some ground flax seeds/flax meal instead for your essential fats. It's all healthy food and you can customize the quantities to fit your macronutrient goals however you want.

Walmart's neighborhood market has a chocolate milk dairy product called Calorie Countdown by Hood which tastes great. I like it because it keeps the carbs in check so I can load up on the protein. If you use any protein supplements, then you can toss in some scoops of that as well.

Goshin
07-18-2007, 01:55 AM
God dammit.
I'm perpetually hungry it seems.
For breakfast at 7am i have a bowl of cereal (flakes and raisin). I dont have enough time make eggs though =/ Maybe i'll wake up earlier and do that.
12-1 i have 2 ham/turkey sandwhiches on wheat with 2 slices of cheese and mustard
4ish - 2 cans of tuna with mayo, mustard, and dill clippings or a protien bar (250 cal)
7ish - chicken breast (8oz) and broccolli
11ish - protein shake + oats, milk and 1 egg/banana
2ish - cottage cheese.

Take out the protein shake if i dont work out that night.
I think i answered my own question though. Without the prot shake i'm way hungry, and i get very hungry between 7 and 12ish, so i should probably add the eggs in there.

Big Monkey
07-18-2007, 11:34 AM
I think you should eat all the macronutrients with every meal, P+F+C, Protein being the heaviest. I think this will help keep your hunger in check.

You should also probably try to find a way to also try to not go more than 3 hours between meals. It will help you keep your quantities in check so that you don't try to overeat at meal time.

Goshin
07-18-2007, 04:08 PM
ya, 7-12 cant be helped as i have school in between with no breaks. Ah well. I guess i should just eat more for each meal, but ****, i'm broke lol

Big Monkey
07-18-2007, 07:10 PM
No breaks at all in between? Can't even sneak in a thermos to keep a shake cool so you can drink?

Goshin
07-18-2007, 07:28 PM
20 minute break, not sure if i have time to make food for that break in the morning. Would be nice though.

Rayn
07-20-2007, 07:57 AM
I just realized you are the same person that posted the thread on losing 10% BF in a year.

Are you trying to build muscle or lose fat? Remember, you can't do both. Building muscle requires a caloric excess. You only burn fat in a caloric deficit.

For fat loss, 10x(Body Weight in lbs) is a good guide line, providing your staying active.