t-496327 cottage cheese [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

cottage cheese

Gizmo
07-11-2007, 06:21 AM
so, Ive been eating this for a couple weeks now, but, i wanted to ask, is there any way to make this not taste like ****ty dog assholes? mix it into something, or put something in it?

Or is there something that would be a good substitute ( i usually eat this at night instead of snacking on something, while reading before i go to bed)

I dont know that I really even need to be eating this, Im not usually that hungry when I wake up anyway, and I eat as soon as i wake up regardless.

MiikeB
07-11-2007, 08:38 AM
I buy these things called Cottage Doubles. Basically it is a round bowl that has 2/3 cottage cheese and then a little divider with fruit on the other side (apple cinnamon, strawberry, blueberry etc). You take your spoon and get a bit of fruit on it and some cottage cheese. It tastes awesome and you can buy these for less than a dollar each at the grocery store. I eat one everyday.

PoorDoggy
07-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Almost any fruit will work (pineapple, pears, that canned fruit salad stuff). Tomatoes work. I've heard peanut butter is a tasty combo but I haven't tried it myself, sounds disgusting.

Personally I like the stuff straight. I eat lowfat over nonfat because it tastes better.

Goshin
07-12-2007, 03:59 AM
i eat mine plain, 3/4 a cupish a night.

It's delicious

Gizmo
07-12-2007, 04:04 AM
why did you reply this to my thread when youre talking about it to me on AIM right now....

edit:
[03:00] jeokawz: im starting to get used to it, its not really the flavor of it that bothers me
[03:00] jereoiawdjikz: so much as the texture
[03:01] jeraowkdkoakz: it feels like throwup
[03:01] kragoshin04: i like the texture mmm
[03:01] jeraiowjda rockz: i guess you like puke texture
[03:01] krazgoshin: probably
[03:01] krgoshinuy04: i love puking on people
[03:01] krgoshin: and rubbing my tongue over it
[03:01] gposhiny04: mmm

Eve
07-12-2007, 10:11 AM
I buy these things called Cottage Doubles. Basically it is a round bowl that has 2/3 cottage cheese and then a little divider with fruit on the other side (apple cinnamon, strawberry, blueberry etc). You take your spoon and get a bit of fruit on it and some cottage cheese. It tastes awesome and you can buy these for less than a dollar each at the grocery store. I eat one everyday.

It's a lot cheaper to buy fruit, slice it up, throw it in the cottage cheese - a lot less sugar too.

I eat it plain now but what I used to do was toss it in the blender with a pack or two of equal and a handful of strawberries and blend it up into a yogurt consitency. If you wanted it to taste more like cheesecake, you could add a few drops of lemon juice. This also works for tofu.

Big Monkey
07-12-2007, 12:27 PM
I've tried it with natural peanut butter, it was good.

I've also put it in the microwave with PB and it melted in to this ugly looking goo, but it also tasted great despite the appearance.

Mix it in with protein shakes, eggs, salad. Basically, just see if it will mix with anything else you already are eating. Experimenting will yield the best results that work for you.

I won't eat it plain though. The least I add is some fruit. Strawberries and Blueberries go really good with it.

woodfucius
07-12-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't mind it plain, but sometimes I mix it with a scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1/4 cup of skim milk, and 1/2 cup of blueberries, peaches, or strawberries. It's kind of like fruit flavored chocolate pudding, and quite tasty.

Obskure
07-12-2007, 02:38 PM
i had teammates in college that would eat it with tuna

Gizmo
07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
oh man these are idas are wonderful :D thanks guys

edit: and girl

CapnPyro
07-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Jesus all of these ideas sound terrible, the only thing you need is lemon pepper.

Cottage cheese with lemon pepper on top is quite good.

Rayn
07-14-2007, 12:50 AM
The most common thing to do is put fresh fruit in, but I gotta be honest, I'd rather just take a protein supplement in skim milk or some low-fat yogurt. If you hate the cottage cheese and force yourself to eat it, you're more likely to break your diet. Find something more tolerable.

rook
07-15-2007, 01:12 PM
this thread is odd, i always liked cottage cheese plain.. little salt and pepper maybe.. are you all talking about the non fat version only or all cottage cheese?

DillingerEscp
07-15-2007, 04:23 PM
i eat mine plain, 3/4 a cupish a night.

It's delicious

Mmm hmm