[POLITICS] John McCain may be finished

The wheels have fallen off the McCain campaign.

Today his campaign manager and his chief strategist both resigned. The guy who co-authored McCain's 5 books has also left.

Also, McCain only has $2 million left in campaign funds - less than even Ron Paul. He isn't raising much money and is behind Giuliani and Fred Thompson (who isn't even officially running) in the polls.

All the relevant articles are linked off of drudgereport.com

who could have expected mccain would lose support among the republican primary voter

this is fucking astounding news

You mean McCain, the guy that fought for campaign finance reform and blasted lobbyists, is running out of money and support??? :shock:

McCain parked the straight-talk express in favor of the suck-up express. I was a McCain fan, but he let me down.

McCain parked the straight-talk express in favor of the suck-up express. I was a McCain fan, but he let me down.

yeah. i think he would have still made a better president than most of the current republican candidates though.

he basically ruined his chances eight years ago when he said "gook" in public. well, that, and rove didn't help at all either.

He has made it crystal clear that he is against the use of torture, and the GOP base has spoken. They think 'Nam turned him into a pussy apparently.

Better he bow out now, than later.

I like him as a candidate but he's not going to accomplish much next year other than to just get into nasty brawls with moderates.

Mccain would make an awful VP and wouldnt accept it at this point. Keep in mind the guy is fairly ancient.

I think this time america wants a VP who isnt an angry little man on life support.

If he leaves now, does he get to keep the money?

I'm not sure, but i think you can "hold" onto campaign funds for other campaigns.

Back