Which guitar is better?

Annoying

Veteran XV
I have a yamaha f310... my brother got me a brand new washburn lyon...

I was thinking of maybe returning the lyon and putting the value towards a nice electric one... any ideas?

pics of lyon.

Most modern electric guitars on the low end are not too bad. It depends on what your skill level is. If you're doing leads, and not just strumming chords, a good guitar (better than entry level) makes a world of difference. Decent construction, good electronics, good pickups all contribute to great sound.

Pics of Washburn, pls.

Strats suck for metal. I know, I own four of them - a couple of MIJ 62 reissues, an American 62 reissue, and an '83 Strat Elite.

If you play heavier stuff, get something with humbuckers. Those Epiphone Les Pauls are actually really fucking good.

I have a few strats that were amazing for the price, and I'd recommend them to any beginner, but like oldskul says humbuckers are the way to go, I got a gibson les paul and I don't think I'd go back to strats.

Strats suck for metal. I know, I own four of them - a couple of MIJ 62 reissues, an American 62 reissue, and an '83 Strat Elite.

If you play heavier stuff, get something with humbuckers. Those Epiphone Les Pauls are actually really fucking good.

I have an Epi LP and it's pretty sinister for metal/heavy music. Although, I want to get an SG now for the same sound, but lighter guitar.

i don't really play metal anymore so strats are definitely the way to go(at least for me)

flyingv.jpg

according to most fags on this board

I really like the ESP EC-500S, obviously not to everyone's tast, but a good solid guitar.

What sort of tunes do you play?

It depends on what fits you best.
Wide fat necks?
Strats - LPs - Early SGs.
Thin more your style?
ES - series
Obviously if you like humbuckers more than single coils it narrows the list even more.

A good instrument doesn't want nor need bells and whistles.
If you can't tune a guitar without a tuner put it down and take up knitting.

If you like acoustics you seriously need to sit and play them.
As opposed to electrics which depend on mass and elctronics for their tonality an acoustic has SO many variables inhereht that you cannot buy one sight unseen.

Back