iTunes enthusiasts

Ender

ValtreX
Veteran XX
Just curious, does iTunes download the album art and put them in an album for downloaded mp3's?

Or does it only do it for songs/albums you buy THROUGH itunes store?

It does it for any kind of MP3 as long as it's properly tagged. You do need an iTunes account for it.

One of the drawbacks is that if the song isn't in your country's music store, you won't get the artwork. You can still put it manually but it won't be the nice quality ones iTunes supplies.

As a side note, I don't think the artwork is 'hard' embedded in the file.

iTunes attaches it for your iPod, iPhone, Cover Flow and Front Row but the artwork doesn't follow the MP3 file if you move it to other devices or outside iTunes.

You can force embed it using a program that I can't remember right now.

If you're using a Mac you can download an Amazon iTunes widget where you type in the album or artist name and can just click "Set as album art in iTunes"

awesome for those of use who are anal about our info or like Coverflow

I find I don't like Amazon's cover art because it has a thick white bordering surrounding most albums.

I set all of mine manually, I just place the cover in the same dir as the mp3's, this place hasnt' failed me yet- CD/Album Cover Art Search

I find I don't like Amazon's cover art because it has a thick white bordering surrounding most albums.

I set all of mine manually, I just place the cover in the same dir as the mp3's, this place hasnt' failed me yet- CD/Album Cover Art Search

wow thanks man. Definitely will use that for my mp3s. Need to fix the tags I wish it was automatic on iTunes

Back