So I just saw Live Free or Die Hard

JohnMcClane

Veteran XX
You're god damn right JohnMcClane of TW fame would see the midnight show. And you're god damn right I get to make my own thread about it. (Even though I am not gonna write much.)

I must say that it started without the Die Hard feel there at all. Sure there were guns blazing 10 minutes into the movie, but it just didn't feel like Die Hard for a little while.

Let me assure you that John McClane kills plenty of people in this movie. Some of the deaths are pretty brutal, too. (One in particular is that fast guy who is jumping around that they show in one of the trailers.) The only thing that makes it less brutal is the lack of blood that you would have seen in the first 3 movies. The killing is there, the blood is not - that seems to be the only difference violence-wise.

Next is the profanity. Everyone knows that since it's PG-13, they couldn't be dropping f-bombs the entire movie. There are plenty of "shits," "god damns," and a few "bitches" in there, but that is really it. In the beginning, Justin Long is saying "shit" every other sentence. I didn't know you could get away with as much profanity as they had in a PG-13 movie. I guess "shit" isn't profanity anymore or something.

It wasn't bad. It wasn't great either. It was definitely better than this director's Underworld movies.

There was a decent amount of comic relief in there. A lot of the shit that John McClane says (or just laughs) when he kills people is funny. That being said, it isn't as "all-business" as the other 3 films. By that I mean the other 3 weren't funny (or tried to be funny) quite nearly as often as this one is.

In my completely honest opinion, I can see people being disappointed by this movie.

But let me say this...

If you go in there and expect it to be better than the first 3 (yes even Die Hard 2, which we all know is the weakest of the original trilogy), then you are going to be horribly disappointed.

If you go in there without any expectations other than to see an action flick, I think you'll be okay. Because seriously, of the "action" films that are released today, I'd say I like this one the best from what I've seen as of late.

Yippie ki yay, motherfucker.

i would just like to post again to remind you all that it's pg-13

fucking die hard is pg-13

what the hell is wrong with hollywood

this thread need a bump, motherfucker!

I'm trying to round people up to see it... girlfriend and I may just see it tonight.

Back