Need help with gift ideas for a Best Man

Skeletor666

Merried Man
Veteran XX
We aren't having a wedding party but I would like to get a gift for the guy that is my surrogate Best man

Flask is no good since he is a beer drinker.

The wedding is in a week and a half so what ever I get I can't really order

beer stein (sp?) engraved with his initials or whatever.

i got all the guys in my wedding engraved pocket watches

Things Remembered is a chain store in malls around me....might be around you. They can have something engraved in a day. A lot of places will engrave on short notice. Even places that make trophies for little league teams and such might be able to help you out.

Things Remembered is a chain store in malls around me....might be around you. They can have something engraved in a day. A lot of places will engrave on short notice. Even places that make trophies for little league teams and such might be able to help you out.

trust me when i say that no one actually wants anything from that store. it's exactly the sort of place one goes when one is desperate for a last minute gift that blue collar society considers "tasteful" and you're totally stuck for ideas.

every half assed piece of shit that someone has given me as a perfunctory gift due to some service provided or some occasion represented has been fundamentally flawed in some way. whenever anyone gives me a flask with a stickered on engraved initial from that retail abortion, i immediately melt it down and use the metal to make throwing stars so i can hurl them at people trying to go in there to buy yet another piece of cheap, worthless crap.

he said it was the last week and a half before the wedding or whatever....i would guess he is somewhat desperate.

Get them something useful. Flasks and dumb shit like that are fucking retarded. If your friends are more white collar, then shit like pens and desk clocks are useful, but if they aren't, then it's a wasted gift. If they're utilitarian types, you could get some kind of multi-tool or something like that. If you're only buying for the best man, it's much easier to tailor the gift to his personality. Get him something he'll actually make use of and not just toss on a shelf for years until he finally throws it away.

At the risk of spoiling HK's suprise, I got the 2 guys in my wedding party nice leathermen Leatherman Wave, which I then took to Things Remembered in the mall to have engraved with their names and the date of the wedding.

The only problem is that now I want one myself.

Back