What a crock of fucking shit (laptop)

travelyan

Contributor
Veteran XX
My one year warranty on this laptop ended June 19th (5 fucking days ago)

power cord just frayed leaving me with an hour of battery left and no amount of wiggling the bastard is working

$80

this is seriously worse than the holocaust.

My Dell laptop was about a month out of warranty when the optical drive (4x DVD+R) packed it in. Called support, who went through the same shit I'd been through to diagnose it, said "yup, it's stuffed" and then, seeing I had had no other problems with it, had never even called 'em before, replaced the thing free of charge. To a newer, better version, even (8x, DVD+/-RW).

So no complaints there.

Happened to me as well, although a little later.

Had my laptop for 2 years, the power cable just capped out on me. 85$ to get a new one. Goddammit.

well the cord frayed right below the connector by apparently pulling out of the plastic sheathing and then i had to bend it slightly to keep it working which is what caused this to happen

Photo%2047.jpg

but now it's bent too much to work, or just flickers

(surprise! it's a mac)

so i gotta go to the mac store and try to swaggle a free replacement, fail, and then pay $80 for a replacement cord

as soon as i read the first post i knew it was going to be a mac power cord. these are really abd for this apparently...i've been treating mine like a baby to try and avoid that

Back