t-492834 http://www.calorie-count.com, good site. [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

http://www.calorie-count.com, good site.

Pachacutec
06-19-2007, 02:41 PM
they have everything on here, i just looked up my cosi chicken caeser salad.

Calorie Counter Database - Free Online Diet Program (http://www.calorie-count.com)

Hitman_T
06-19-2007, 03:50 PM
My wife wants me to do a low cal diet. I am used to Atkins but she is convinced it and South Beach are wrong. (I lost 100lbs but yeah it doesn't work). I will use this site Thanks!!

Big Monkey
06-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Atkins does work. I did it myself. I didn't lose as much as you did (only 40lbs) but I gained it all back likely for the same reason your wife wants you to stop.

These "diets" are a temporary solution to a permanent problem. Once you stop following the program, you'll likely gain all your weight back.

It took me a long time to come to terms with this, but the only sure way to lose weight and keep it off is by one stopping eating junk food that is packed with empty calories/sugar/fat you don't need and to start eating healthier. Exercise will help too of course, but I'm convinced the biggest and easiest thing for one to do is have complete control of your daily food intake. Once you read these kind of web sites and start tracking exactly what you're eating, you can build healthy meals and know exactly what to avoid in the future.

A diet should be lifetime, and I for one could never follow any of those miracle diets for life.

DillingerEscp
06-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Atkins does work. I did it myself. I didn't lose as much as you did (only 40lbs) but I gained it all back likely for the same reason your wife wants you to stop.

These "diets" are a temporary solution to a permanent problem. Once you stop following the program, you'll likely gain all your weight back.

It took me a long time to come to terms with this, but the only sure way to lose weight and keep it off is by one stopping eating junk food that is packed with empty calories/sugar/fat you don't need and to start eating healthier. Exercise will help too of course, but I'm convinced the biggest and easiest thing for one to do is have complete control of your daily food intake. Once you read these kind of web sites and start tracking exactly what you're eating, you can build healthy meals and know exactly what to avoid in the future.

A diet should be lifetime, and I for one could never follow any of those miracle diets for life.

I agree to an extent.

Atkins is great, but obviously, if you just get off of it and go back to old habits, you'll gain it all back.

Atkins is awesome to start out with on a low calorie diet, then slowly bring back in cals and carbs as you hit your goals.

The trick is to keep with it til the day you die.

Pachacutec
06-19-2007, 11:45 PM
no, thats called bad nutrition. atkins and low carb diets will almost inevitably lead back to fatness. it's not just "your case". the key to it is true behavior modification, and simply better eating.

god forbid we all eat healthier. WTF.

SharpShooter
06-21-2007, 06:27 PM
I wish I could manage my portions to the exact specifications of calorie counters such as these.

idontknow
06-21-2007, 10:35 PM
I wish I could manage my portions to the exact specifications of calorie counters such as these.

why can't you?

Eve
06-22-2007, 02:14 AM

Buy a food scale and then use fitday?

Pachacutec
06-25-2007, 02:19 AM
omg ruby tuesdays cheeseburger = 1000 calories... thats half (more likely more than half) you need for one day.